Free US Zap2xml scraper - Zap2It replacement (2 Viewers)

cybergeek

Portal Pro
November 21, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I don't know why my PC TV is much harder to see than my regular TV. My regular TV is much brighter. Do you know why that might be.

Shadowmeph

Portal Member
July 25, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
I have followed the instructions on installing from this site zap2xml the only problem I am having is getting it to load in media portal when I use the guide it says no data even though I have downloaded to the C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv am I missing something on how to uipload the tvguide.xml

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have followed the instructions on installing from this site zap2xml the only problem I am having is getting it to load in media portal when I use the guide it says no data even though I have downloaded to the C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv am I missing something on how to uipload the tvguide.xml

Start MediaPortal's "TVserver configuration"
    Go to plugin "XmlTv" (make sure XmlTv plugin box is checked) and select the folder with the newly generated tvguide.xml (example: c:\mc2xml)
    Go to Tab "Mappings"
    Select your "Group"
    Press "Load/Refresh"
    The list box will now show your "channels" with drop down boxes to select the descriptions from the tvguide.xml file
    After selecting descriptions, press "Save"
    Verify the selections by pressing "Load/Refresh" again (all boxes should now be white)
    Go back to the "Settings" tab and press "Import" (you should see your channels/programs after importing (takes a few seconds))
    Close "TVserver configuration"

You can use zap2xml but you might want to look at mc2xml
    mc2xml

Shadowmeph

Portal Member
    July 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Start MediaPortal's "TVserver configuration"
    Go to plugin "XmlTv" (make sure XmlTv plugin box is checked) and select the folder with the newly generated tvguide.xml (example: c:\mc2xml)
    Go to Tab "Mappings"
    Select your "Group"
    Press "Load/Refresh"
    The list box will now show your "channels" with drop down boxes to select the descriptions from the tvguide.xml file
    Verify the selections by pressing "Load/Refresh" again (all boxes should now be white)
    Go back to the "Settings" tab and press "Import" (you should see your channels/programs after importing (takes a few seconds))
    Close "TVserver configuration"

You can use zap2xml but you might want to look at mc2xml
    mc2xml
    I have doneThe list box will now show your "channels" with drop down boxes to select the descriptions from the tvguide.xml file
    Verify the selections by pressing "Load/Refresh" again (all boxes should now be white) but they are still red , I will try again.
    edit
    I did it again and now the channels are white. but I cannot import the channels I get some error on the bottom that I can only partially read saying invalid xml file

Users who are viewing this thread