[confirm] Freeze while changing channels (1 Viewer)

charettepa

Portal Pro
April 2, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
sorry for the delay in my reply
i was not at home
i just finished testing
it worked!!!
thank you so much
i will keep trying it just to make sure

1- can you explain what this changes
2- can we make sure this goes into the final release

again thank you, thank you, thank you

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi charettepa

First, I'm glad that it worked! :D

1- can you explain what this changes
    It changes very little. The issue is exactly as you describe - changing between those two channels (and possibly others). What is so unique about those channels? They have the same service ID and PMT PID. Without getting too technical, when you were changing between those channels TV Server was getting them mixed up. After all they seem almost identical from TV Server's perspective. So I tightened up a timing constraint to ensure that TV Server differentiates between the two channels.

2- can we make sure this goes into the final release
    No, sorry I can't. It is too late even for fixes like this. We literally are only allowed to fix "show-stoppers" for 1.2.0 final, and unfortunately although this might be serious for you, it would not be considered a show-stopper by the rest of the team. Our overriding concern right now is to test what we have in 1.2.0rc and get it out the door as fast as possible, and that means minimising the risk of introducing problems if with code changes between the RC and final. The good news is that we should have a follow-up release a couple of weeks after 1.2.0 final and I'd hope we'd be able to fix this and some of the other issues in that release.

Jochen80, Jelmo, jestermgee: the issues you've been experiencing are almost certainly not the same as the issue charettepa has had. Are you all sorted now, or are you still experiencing problems? An update would be good.

mm

charettepa

Portal Pro
    April 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    excelent thank you
    it will however make it into the to fixed bug report pile correct?
    i hope i dont forget
    how far are we from seeing final

Jochen80

Portal Member
    March 21, 2011
    Teningen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Freeze while changing channels

Hi,

@Jochen80, Jelmo, jestermgee: the issues you've been experiencing are almost certainly not the same as the issue charettepa has had. Are you all sorted now, or are you still experiencing problems? An update would be good.

mm

I still get many freezes by switching channels by using 1.2.0 RC. In the meantime I switched back to the
    SVN Version 1.1.7.28122 which I tried 4 weeks ago and up until now I didn't have any freeze with that version. I haven't had time yet to investigate further which change in SVN causes the problem but it must be any of the latest changes.

When the freeze occurs, the following cases exist:
    1. The TV is black, I only see the ZAP OSD.
    2. I see a freezed image of the former channel and the ZAP OSD.
    2. The former channel is still running (but stuttering) and I see the ZAP OSD.

When I press a button on my remote, I can hear the click sound, but nothing happens.
    Every time I have to go to the task manager and close MP. The load of the processor is always about 50%.

Hi :)

Just for testing, can you try attached file and also to be sure that you have the latest LAV CUVID :
    Doom9's Forum - View Single Post - LAV CUVID Decoder - High Quality Hardware decoding for NVIDIA

Make sure to not use Reclock for testing. (For example, when look graph it seems that it is not in graph but it is use (reclockDS.dll) best way if you have installed it is to uninstall it).

Hi,
    I've just installed the new version of LAV CUVID 0.12 and tried your attached file.
    I still get many freezes while switching channels. I have the feeling, it is even worse than before. :(

Attached are two logs. Hopefully they can help you to find out the problem.:)

I've attached two logs about the problem. Did you see anything in the logs which helps to solve the problem?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: Freeze while changing channels

I still get many freezes by switching channels by using 1.2.0 RC. In the meantime I switched back to the
    SVN Version 1.1.7.28122 which I tried 4 weeks ago and up until now I didn't have any freeze with that version. I haven't had time yet to investigate further which change in SVN causes the problem but it must be any of the latest changes.
    This is really important to us. MP 1.2.0 final is planned to be released within the next week and if we can't find the problem before release then you will also have problems with that version.

I've attached two logs about the problem. Did you see anything in the logs which helps to solve the problem?
    I don't see any problems on the TV Server side, which is the code that I know the most about.

mm

DerPrinz82

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Freeze while changing channels

Hi, I can confirm to have the same issues Jochen has reported:

2. I see a freezed image of the former channel and the ZAP OSD.
    This happens regardless to how long I've been watching TV.
    I couldn't find out yet if it has something to do with certain channels.

When I press a button on my remote, I can hear the click sound, but nothing happens.
    Every time I have to go to the task manager and close MP. The load of the processor is always about 50%.

The same here. I can't exit MP without TaskManager. I hear the clicks but nothing happens.
    But after clicking about 10 times it comes to a state where I cannot even open the task manager.
    The remote doesn't respond any longer and as i don't have a keyboard connected, I have to restart the machine manually.

I wondered if this has something to do with my tv card. It's a Technisat Skystar USB 2 HD CI with Alphacrypt Light CAM.
    MP often crashes while changing channels via channelmenue, and even more often while selecting channels in the EPG.
    This also harms scheduled recordings sometimes. The record simply doesn't start. If I then try to tune into the channel i wanted to record, MP freezes, I hear the clicks but nothing happens. I had a look at the manual control in tv server config in cases I could still start the taskmanager to close MP. The tv card was idle, but the background colour was red, subchannels = 2.
    What does that mean?

I'll get the logs from my HTPC later on and put them here as I'm not at home right now.

Thanks in advance... :)

charettepa

Portal Pro
    April 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    you guys have nothing to lose
    try the new tvlibrary that was provided
    just backup your current one first
    if it dosent fix the issue just go backt o the one you already have

your issue sounds similar to mine

Users who are viewing this thread