[NVIDIA] Gainward GeForce GT 210 insted of HD4550 (2 Viewers)

midasxxl

Portal Pro
March 22, 2006
Home Country
England England
Does anyone have a GT 210 passiv productive in his HTPC ?
I play to replace my HD4550 because i have enough of problems with Profile 5.1 encoded mkv's.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    According to your system specs, your using XP. If you are using HDMI (you failed to complete your system specs), I think you'll have problems with 5.1 regardless of gfx.

Migh be with ATi only, so someone correct me if I am wrong.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Also a lot of the nvidia features are only supported in Vista\Windows 7 sadly, and if I was going to get a new card would at least get the 220, as the extra features, ie directcompute etc are worth having.

midasxxl

Portal Pro
    March 22, 2006
    Home Country
    England England
    AW: Gainward GeForce GT 210 insted of HD4550

Hello,
    I completed my system specs, i am only usin DVI-D. THe GT 220 is not an option for me, because it's too difficult to get it silent or passiv cooled.
    What about directcompute is there any advantage concerning Mediaportal ?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    directcompute was a must for me, as I rip movies to HDD and transcode the video down a wee bit to 6gb filesize :)

Think that the 220 supports more video file formats for dxva than the 210 from some of the reviews on the 2 chips, also the 220 is 128bit against the 64bit for the 210, so significantly faster, certainly more ideal for running a directx program like MP

All the passive 220's are due in the shops shortly, a few have been reviewed already, so lets hope its sooner than later.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Also the G210 can't do Pixel Adaptive deinterlacing for HD material (if that's important to you).

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of things; the deployment tool for 1.32 doesn't remove the previous version when you're updating from 1.31 to 1.32 and "MediaPortal TV Server" gets installed even when you choose to install the client only. I...
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of...
    I have performed client installations of 1.32 64-Bit on four machines using the central configuration setup on Windows 10 Pro...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is completey broken with NET4 and NET6 :( Neither an existing profile can be selected nor a new one can be created.
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is...
    Description: Hi there. First of all, I appreciate all the effort in MediaPortal 2 release 2.5 - visible changes look great (eg...
    Replies
    Views
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video signal") on the TV I suspect the AVR has something to do with that. If I manually put the TV only into standby when TV is playing but paused then on wakeup I could not immediately take it out of pause and...
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video...
    Hi all, I´m using MP 1.30 at the moment and have a problem which also exists on my system on previous versions. So I don´t think...
    Replies
    Views
    The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I prefer the buttons that I use most-frequently to be positioned near the center of the remote, which is not the case with that particular Dell remote. :( Battery life is often a problem. A remote that I...
    The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I...
    In Dec 2020: I purchased 2 remotes for my new HTPC install, eg: HP USB MCE IR RC6 Wireless Receiver and TSGH-IR02 Windows Media...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom