Haali not disposed after stopping video (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Hmm, it does not seem to work for me.
    I have the newest SVN, I replaced the DLL in the mediaportal directory and even rebooted. When watching videos, I still see the Haali icons and they don't disappear when stopping the video. It's even more weird, I see some flickering in the icon bar quickly adding and removing a Haali icon even if the video is stopped. Sometimes even then a new instance of the Haali icons is added. No idea why this happens. BTW, I'm using Win7 x64 and the newest SAF.

And are those icons getting removed if you hover mouse cursor over them?

sukceso

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2008
    Herrenberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Originally Posted by sukceso
    I have the newest SVN, I replaced the DLL in the mediaportal directory and even rebooted. When watching videos, I still see the Haali icons and they don't disappear when stopping the video. It's even more weird, I see some flickering in the icon bar quickly adding and removing a Haali icon even if the video is stopped. Sometimes even then a new instance of the Haali icons is added. No idea why this happens. BTW, I'm using Win7 x64 and the newest SAF.

No, they stay, nothing is removing when hovering over it or closing Mediaportal.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic

Stefan

Try to disable thumbernail generator in MP configuration.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Originally Posted by sukceso

No, they stay, nothing is removing when hovering over it or closing Mediaportal.

If closing MP is not solving the issue then it something outside MP that uses haali. Please disable haali thumbnail support for explorer, as it might be that one.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No need to contact MPC people as graph release order was wrong in all different types of players code - and has been like that for a long time. I spent several hours for this and hope it is ok now.

This core.dll is compatible with 10.10. released public SVN but most probably contains some local stuff so don't report any other bugs with this running.

Cheers,
    /m

Thank you VERY much Manfred. (I'll shut up at MPC now :D ) I will test this tonight. I will report my result after that.

Is this fix for the core.dll planned to be implemented in the next SVN? Or what needs to be done befor that. a little bit of timeline info I would like to know...

Again, thank you very much Manfred.... Wonderfull work.

:D :D :D

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    BTW, MPC video decoder VS MediaPortal BUG score: MPC:0, MP:2 :D

Actually you should count one for the decoder as well as it is not releasing its resources properly in all use cases (buggy MP code did trigger that behavior) :p

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Cool. Looking forward to try this when i get home. Perhaps this solves my problems using onlinevideos/youtube.fm with youtube:

I can play one video from youtube and when i try to play a second it fails with audio codec error or something like that. I'm using latest SAF. In order to make it work again i have to restart MP and once again i can only play one video. The same is happening in Youtube.fm, i think this is the same as I said here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ed-27-08-2009-a-49148/index29.html#post509021

Also happens when trying to play some movies with AC3/DTS sound.

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Good that this is working at first glance. Here is some tests you all should do before we can release this:

1. Play all kind of stuff with videoplayer (movies), dvdplayer (DVD), tsreaderplayer (TV, records)

2. Watch memory usage, logs etc. for any abnormal signs

3. Don't restart your MP for a while and loop points 1&2

After some positive feedback this can be added to SVN - thanks.

Point to do this is that so critical parts of all players has been changed and we want this fix to be correct one without any side effects at first try.

cheers & happy testing,
    /m

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom