Haali not disposed after stopping video (1 Viewer)

mironicus

Portal Pro
March 9, 2008
This new core.dll works very well, but...

I had to manually unregister the directvobsub filter in my system. Even if I choose the embedded MPC subtitle filter within Mediaportal, it still loads Directvobsub in the filter chain if I play a MKV. After unregistering directvobsub it works well. So this might be an issue, as Mediaportal should not load DirectVobSub if it is not selected. (using Windows 7 64 Bit).

Seeco

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have tried to put Mediaportal through its paces, alternating HD material, xvids, DVDs and TV for maybe 10 minutes. I use the refresh rate changer which means a lot of RR changes during this time. CPU load stays between 1-11% and MP memory usage never goes above 95Mb. I haven't noticed before how extremely effective DXVA has become lately, it seems to be accelerating everything! :)

To sum it up, I haven't been able to spot the slightest unstability during this process. Thanks again!

ARE2

Portal Pro
May 9, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Poland Poland
Hi,

tried the new core.dll but, well it seems to be working worse than before :( Starting my first hd movie worked but second caused a hang and i had to taskkill MP, cause MP seemed to be locked!?!

Logs Attached:
View attachment 48518

Regards
ARE2

sukceso

Portal Pro
November 6, 2008
Herrenberg
Home Country
Germany Germany
It still does not work for me. I have disabled Haali Explorer integration (it was set to "No" before, so that's not the reason). I also changed some settings so that MPC Video Decoder is not in the graph but MS Decoder is - the Haali icons still stay in the tray. So it is not a problem of MPC Video Decoder, but something else that I have o idea currently about. The problem does not occur when using LiveTV, only for videos.

Is anybody else using Win7 x64 anddoes not get the Haali icons when playing videos?

Stefan

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
It still does not work for me. I have disabled Haali Explorer integration (it was set to "No" before, so that's not the reason). I also changed some settings so that MPC Video Decoder is not in the graph but MS Decoder is - the Haali icons still stay in the tray. So it is not a problem of MPC Video Decoder, but something else that I have o idea currently about. The problem does not occur when using LiveTV, only for videos.

Is anybody else using Win7 x64 anddoes not get the Haali icons when playing videos?

Stefan

I'll test Windows 7 32bit tomorrow. Maybe it's not working for me either :(

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Isn't Haali capable of loading subtitle filter by itself? That might be one reason to see that Haali icon even though all should be released. And please post logs - I can't guess what is happening there. And furthermore why VobSub is installed as MP has now good one inbuild?

Hi,

tried the new core.dll but, well it seems to be working worse than before :( Starting my first hd movie worked but second caused a hang and i had to taskkill MP, cause MP seemed to be locked!?!

Regards
    ARE2
    Can you repeat this every time? What happens if you stop the video first and then start another one (thinking about timing issue)? Also what happens with EVR, you are now using VMR as renderer. Í might need to add more logging for your case but a bit later.

ARE2

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Isn't Haali capable of loading subtitle filter by itself? That might be one reason to see that Haali icon even though all should be released. And please post logs - I can't guess what is happening there. And furthermore why VobSub is installed as MP has now good one inbuild?

Hi,

Regards
    ARE2
    Can you repeat this every time? What happens if you stop the video first and then start another one (thinking about timing issue)? Also what happens with EVR, you are now using VMR as renderer. Í might need to add more logging for your case but a bit later.

Hi,
    I'm sorry I can't even start a movie because it just hangs MP everytime I try :( Only once MP showed me a dialogue like that:
    Unable to play: (MOVIENAME).mkv

VIDEO CODEC: V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
    AUDIO CODEC: DTS (or another codec)

So I've no chance to even stop a movie :(

But I've some more logs, maybe they can help :)
    View attachment 48526

EDIT:
    I've activated the Exclusive Render mode and so I coul just start a movie with the new core.dll :) Then I stopped it and till this point everything fine, but then... starting another movie, MP froze and I had to kill it again by task manager :\ New logs:
    View attachment 48527

THX & Regards
    ARE2

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    It is the VobSub handling which is now failing. Now we know where the problem is ;) This is really quick try to fix that without any second thoughts given. If not working have to check this more carefully. Others, please use this one for testing.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I did some test over my videos sample collection and all works well, all was closed correctly, no one error in LOG.
    All expect one - it is MPEG-1 audio/video in MKV.
    I am not sure if this is connected to core.dll, becouse it was not working with old core.dll too.
    It cause MP to stop working correctly (graph created, no video output, then MP failed to clean graph).
    I just noticed that MPC video decoder was added to graph by MP (?no idea why,MPC video decoder is not capabe to decode MPEG1/2?), but if i connect graphstudio, PDVD SD decoder is in use (not MPC as reported in log).
    I am writing it here becouse GraphStudio/GB-PVR play it wihtout any problem.
    Tested on Win7x64 and my SAF.

Here sample + logs

Untitled1.png

jumpa

Portal Member
    April 22, 2009
    Firenze
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    :confused:
    A question: where do I have to put the core.dll? If I simply replace the one in Media Portal folder, I neither can't launch the configuration... It starts, loads in memory, then stop e unload...
    Where am I worng?

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom