Hauppage PVR 150 MCE (1 Viewer)

wynode

October 22, 2005
Just wondering if this card will work with Mediaportal under normal Windows XP? (not XP MCE)?

Also are there any issues with channel changing (ie delays)? I'm after an Analog card.

Thanks!

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

:?: Shortly: Yes!

The MCE drivers work perfectly with Windows XP SP2 here. No problems whatsoever with this combination! BTW, I just installed the latest drivers from here and with this driver the channel changing is slower than with previous driver versions with timeshifting on. With timeshifting off, channel changing is quite fast.

EDIT: Windows XP Professional that is... I dunno about XP Home, but I think it'll work, too.

Kind regards,
    Michel

Deco

Portal Pro
    August 26, 2005
    Ireland
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    scoop said:
    EDIT: Windows XP Professional that is... I dunno about XP Home, but I think it'll work, too.

Yep, works fine with Win XP Home too, using MCE drivers.

Changing channels takes couple of seconds; however can flick through channels quickly using OSD to display channel name and programme info. When I see something I want to watch, stop and couple of seconds later channel changes.

I've used another analog card in the past (MSI TV @nywhere) and Hauppauge card is far superior.

Deco.

T-REX_2000

Portal Member
    September 23, 2004
    Germany
    Area: Media Portal Program
    MP Version: 0.2.0.0 rc1
    Skin: project x
    Windows Version: windows xp home + sp2
    CPU Type: intel celeron d320
    Memory: 512mb ddrram pc400
    Motherboard Chipset: msi pt880 fisr
    Video Card: msi 128mb fx5200le
    Video Card Driver: 77.77
    Video Card Resolution: 800x600
    Video Render Type: VMR9
    Video Codec Type & Version: hauppauge
    Audio Codec Type & Version: hauppauge
    TV Card1: hauppauge pvr150 - hauppauge wintv pvr pci II (26xxx)
    TV Card2: hauppauge pvr150mce - hauppauge wintv pvr pci II (26xxx)
    TV Card Type: hardware
    TV Card Driver: latest

Synopsis: message "unable to create graph for this device"

the pvr150 work perfectly, the pvr150mce cannot be furnished.

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,
    T-REX_2000 said:
    Synopsis: message "unable to create graph for this device"

the pvr150 work perfectly, the pvr150mce cannot be furnished.
    Well, I'm guessing here that you installed the non-MCE drivers for the PVR-150. While I had success with a very old driver version (11-11-2004) for the regular PVR-150 with my PVR-150MCE, newer PVR-150 drivers together with MP didn't work for me either. So I eventually started using the MCE-drivers for my PVR-150MCE (which of course I was supposed to).

Also note that the regular PVR-150 doesn't have support for FM radio, while the PVR-150MCE does have support for this. So it's obvious that at least some things won't work if you use the non-MCE driver for the 150MCE card. Another thing to note is that the 150MCE comes without remote, so the drivers for this card probably come without support for the remote of the PVR-150...

Judging by this I don't think you can get MP to work with both cards at the same time? I might be totally wrong though... Maybe someone with more experience on this subject can prove I'm wrong (or right). ;)
    Anyway, if you want dual tuners and haven't bought anything yet, I'd buy a PVR-500MCE (or buy a second PVR-150MCE).

Something which might also be related to this specific problem is already in Mantis here.

Regards,
    Michel

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,
    T-REX_2000 said:
    which driver should I take for the pvr150mce???
    This one (from http://www.hauppauge.de/pages/support/support_mce.html). Extract that ZIP file; the drivers are located in the directory "WinTV-PVR-150500MCE_2_0_30_23074_WHQL". By the way, the dutch hauppauge site has even newer drivers available here. AFAIK there is no reason why these drivers wouldn't work with your PVR-150MCE ;)

Again, I'm not sure if both the PVR-150 and PVR-150MCE can work concurrently.

Kind regards,
    Michel

T-REX_2000

Portal Member
    September 23, 2004
    Germany
    thanks

if I put the pvr150mce in alone, the same diagnosis however always comes "unable to create graph for this device".

tv and does FM have to be attached cables?

Users who are viewing this thread