Hauppauge HD PVR (1 Viewer)

garry

Portal Pro
December 11, 2005
California
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Yea, this device looks to be the best method for north american users to legally watch HD cable/satellite TV in MP.

Khidr

Portal Member
October 4, 2007
I'll throw my support in for hoping the MP team come out with some basic support. I'm more than happy to use a generic usbirt or firewire to change channels :)

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hi Guys,

I have a couple of questions about this:

1. Do we think that using component input and this HD PVR capture would yeild significantly better quality than S-video based catpure on a PVC-250??

2. What would we need to do to get this supported in MP???

I'm willing to contribute towards buying one of these for a developer if that would help (or put some money towards a further donation for MP).

Khidr

Portal Member
    October 4, 2007
    Hey BKCH - Using this in BTV and Gb PVR I can say that the results are absolutely stellar. It's essentially a 720p feed, so it's hands down the best quality you're going to get from an analogue source.

As far as I'm concerned, the key is to allow a simple setup for an external set top boxes. As it is now, it's an ordeal to set it up for s-video or anything else (from what I understand you have to go through each individual channel and set it up, which, if you have say comcast digital premium, is over 300 channels!)

Instead, under sources: antenna, cable, external stb would be fantastic.

Beyond that, since MP doesn't actually have to do any of the tuning (it can call to an IR, or .exe channel change plugin), I don't think it would take that much.

But then again, I might be missing something.

garry

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2005
    California
    Home Country
    I'm willing to contribute towards buying one of these for a developer if that would help (or put some money towards a further donation for MP).

Me too, I'll gladly contribute towards getting one in the hands of a developer to help get this thing supported.

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    *BUMP*

OK - so I'm dying for better quality football!!!! So.. I'll up the offer - I'm happy to donate a HD PVR to development and a $50 thank you to the guy who makes it work :) (Anyone else what to kick in money??)

(I wish I could make it work myself but I don't know what's invovled in getting a card to work in MP - is there some documentation I can read somewhere to take a stab at this myslef???)

Cerbera79

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 26, 2008
    Home Country
    I'm in for $50.00. I just got one of these and I'd kill to have it play nice with mediaportal. :D

Users who are viewing this thread