Hauppauge HD PVR (1 Viewer)

garry

Portal Pro
December 11, 2005
California
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Mine arrived, hopefully I'll have a chance to work with it later today.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Can someone record a small file for me please using the Hauppauge app?

Public upload FTP
    accountAddress: ftp.team-mediaportal.com
    Login: tsdump@team-mediaportal.com
    Password: mpuser88

The upload it here...
    Call it something like HDPVRTestforDMAN

Let me know when it's done - THANKS

DMAN

garry

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2005
    California
    Home Country
    Uploading now. I created 2 files - HDPVRTestforDMAN_TME.ts using Arcsoft Total Media Extreme (the app that Hauppuage provides) and HDPVRTestforDMAN_FileDump.ts (using the graph I showed you yesterday plus the file dump filter).

garry

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2005
    California
    Home Country
    Thanks to some help from DMAN I was just able to timeshift in TV3 using the HD PVR. I have a lot of code cleanup/refactoring to do and need to get recoding working, but I'm guessing it won't be long before I can submit a patch for HD PVR support in mediaportal.

Ok, that was easy. I just got recording to work. I'll do my best to get a patch ready tonight.

garry

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2005
    California
    Home Country
    It looks like I won't have the patch ready tonight but should tomorrow. It won't have quality control yet (will have a hard-coded CBR setting) and won't operate the IR blaster - yet.

I'm also having trouble getting smooth playback on the frontend. For development I have the tv service & mp on a notebook with X1300 graphics and it was a bit choppy. For some reason a remote client with a 8500gt was much worse. I'm going to run the tv service on the box with the 8500gt tomorrow and see if single seat is why the notebook with low end graphics worked better.

timmy.com

Portal Member
    August 3, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Home Country
    Interesting about the lower end graphics laptop performing better.

When you're ready I can test with the following config:

TV SERVER:
    Dual Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.00GHz, 2992 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    4.00 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce 6200 256MB
    (2) HD PVRs

CLIENT 1:
    Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz, 2992 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    2.00 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce 6600 256 MB

CLIENT 2:
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Extreme CPU Q6850 @ 3.00GHz, 2997 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    4.00 GB RAM
    ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 512MB

When you tackle the IR, will you be using the HD-PVRs onboard blaster or a USB blaster? I can test either or both. Right now I'm using the onboard blaster with SageTV and it has shotty consistency in changing channels. Although I have 2 HD-PVRs hooked up, so that might be an issue.

-t

garry

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2005
    California
    Home Country
    Interesting about the lower end graphics laptop performing better.

When you're ready I can test with the following config:

TV SERVER:
    Dual Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.00GHz, 2992 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    4.00 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce 6200 256MB
    (2) HD PVRs

CLIENT 1:
    Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz, 2992 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    2.00 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce 6600 256 MB

CLIENT 2:
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Extreme CPU Q6850 @ 3.00GHz, 2997 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    4.00 GB RAM
    ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 512MB

When you tackle the IR, will you be using the HD-PVRs onboard blaster or a USB blaster? I can test either or both. Right now I'm using the onboard blaster with SageTV and it has shotty consistency in changing channels. Although I have 2 HD-PVRs hooked up, so that might be an issue.

-t

Excellent, I was hoping someone had at least two devices since I only have one to test with. I'm getting pretty close to submitting a patch. Are you running a fairly recent build from SVN?

I have not even looked into IR yet since my STBs are all DirecTV and I send tune commands to them over rs-232.

timmy.com

Portal Member
    August 3, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Home Country
    I will DL and install the latest SVN.

I'm using DirecTV also. I will switch to rs-232 to test. Is there a wiki or instructions on how I set that up with TV-Server to change channels on the STBs?

-t

garry

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2005
    California
    Home Country
    I'm using DirecTV also. I will switch to rs-232 to test. Is there a wiki or instructions on how I set that up with TV-Server to change channels on the STBs?

I'm not sure. I had problems with flaky USB<->rs-232 converters so I have my STB serial ports connected to an old terminal server. I wrote a tvserver plugin that talks to the terminal server (via TCP) to send channel change commands.

Users who are viewing this thread