Hauppauge HD PVR (1 Viewer)

ca n vt

Portal Pro
July 23, 2006
Are there any plans to support the Hauppauge HD PVR when it comes out in May? Assuming it doesn't get pushed back again.

ca n vt

Portal Pro
July 23, 2006
So, I hate to be that guy who comes on here and whines but it seems like the last few times I've posted questions here I've gotten very little or no response. This used to be one of the best forums on on the web for these kind of things and I very often recommend mediaportal when I talk to people who are looking for a pvr application due to the quality of the forum. So, what gives?

gxtracker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Maybe... nobody has an answer for you? I mean, you are asking about a product that hasent even been released yet.

garry

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2005
    California
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm waiting to hear from Hauppauge tech support to see if the device uses BDA drivers. That would simplify compatibility with MediaPortal, right?

ca n vt

Portal Pro
    July 23, 2006
    "Maybe... nobody has an answer for you? I mean, you are asking about a product that hasent even been released yet."

I'm not just talking about this one subject there have been a number of posts that lead up to that comment. I only complained because as I said this is one application I like a lot and use as well as recommend to other people. Thanks for the answers too guys. I just figured someone must know if there are plans to support the device or has contacted Hauppauge about it. I realize it's a device that isn't out yet but there's been a lot of talk about it all over and there seems to be a great deal of anticipation surrounding it.

gxtracker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm waiting to hear from Hauppauge tech support to see if the device uses BDA drivers. That would simplify compatibility with MediaPortal, right?

It would. Considering the driver model Hauppauge has taken with their other line of tuners (PVR150, PVR500, PVR1600, etc...) It would make sense for them to follow the same standard. Following that, support will most likely be trivial to add. :)

I only complained because as I said this is one application I like a lot and use as well as recommend to other people.

Well Im glad you enjoy MediaPortal, but please try to keep in mind that this is an open source project that is done in everyones free time. Your question was geared in a way that only a team member could really answer it, and as much as we try our best to answer questions on the forum, time is better spent actually working on the program suite. :D

bigdog101

March 29, 2008
    I realy hope it is supported. I pre-order one anyway. Can't wait to be able to record my HD in HD format!!!!! Even if I have to use Hauppauge (buggy)software. I'll have to donate to MP again if they get it supported.

Dale#1976

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    It looks like the HD PVR is now available. They have a 'BUY' button on their website. I've been looking for something that will accept component (HD) input from my satelite box for a couple years now. This looks like the answer. See info on Hauppauge HD PVR here:

HD PVR Product overview

Sure would be nice if we could record and playback from within MP. Anyone know if we could playback the HD video files from within MP, even if we had to record them using the software that comes with the HD PVR?

Anyone know if the included software is any good .... Arcsoft “TotalMedia Theater”?

OOOOOHHHH it is so tempting to just press that 'BUY' button .... :D

killervette

Portal Member
    April 22, 2008
    I will donate also, i am not even using mediaportal yet. I will be switching from media center if the HD PVR works. that is my only solution. i am using cable cards right now

Users who are viewing this thread