HDTV Cards AUS Dvico or Compro (1 Viewer)

teros

Portal Member
April 7, 2005
I'm looking at the following cards
Dvico DVB-T
Dvico DVB-t lite
compro VideoMate DVB-T300

I'm mostly looking at the dvico's just wondering which one any suggestions??????

A

Anonymous

I have the top two working in tandem in mediaportal recording two channels at once or recording one and watching the other.

Don't know about support for videomate but I know their is definetly support for two differnt dvicos at once (issues arise currently with two of the same card)

Where are you approx in Oz? go to staticice.com.au for info on IT prices specific to your state

NotForRent

October 6, 2004
Melb - Australia
I have the Dvico DVB-T and its working fine.

I have setup mine and a mates PCs with the Dvico DVB-T. On a fresh XP and MP install it worked first time :) Can't get much better than that!

My only tip would be to sus out importing the TV channels via the XML grabber first before autotune so you match XML TV guide imports with scanned channels . The Wiki might tell you that but I haven't spotted it yet ;-) Theres a lot of posts with tips which are worth looking for.

Got my card for $199 from Office works on a price match from the green guide so its worth looking around.

Cheers,

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I have a compro. Excellent reception and excellent quality. It beats my Aver by a long way.
    Best of all, my card was only $130 and it worked first go with MP. Nothing to configure at all.

Plus, it has Analog and Digital tuners, although you can't use them both at once.

teros

Portal Member
    April 7, 2005
    i work for a professional IT company in South Australia the cards will be free same as my remote a gift from MS sales team.

Has the isssue with AC3 Pids been corrected?

A

Anonymous

Lucky. Not yet but it is a work in progress, more than I can say about One release a year microsuck

A

Anonymous

MP developers were put on the right track by myself and some other aussies and were able to get AC3 PID accepted within graphedit. they know what needs to be done it just has to be coded into Mediaportal which takes time

Users who are viewing this thread