Hey people

BazzUK

June 25, 2008
Howdy all.

Been thrown towards Media Portal by 'bolders' on this forum.

Am currently using Vista MCE, but maybe a convert at some stage.

Hope to join in discussions with regards to Media Portal once savied up.

Cheers

Bazz

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    well, Bazz, welcome to the forums.

I've never used Vista MCE, but I know with XP MCE it was a pretty easy process to trial MP.
    Just install and configure. When it is set up and running, it disables MCE so there's no conflicts.
    If you don't like it, then just close down MP and the TV Server and MCE will run again.

I'm sure someone will correct me if things have changed since I last tried this.

BazzUK

June 25, 2008
    Thanks Marcusb, I will be using a seperate box for the trial of MP, which will have XP on it, so I do not complicate things too much (just incase Vista MCE decides that it doesn't like me).

I am sure there are numerous posts on here to provide advice and relevant information for me, but I'll know where to shout if possible problems occur.

Bazz

MdFolter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2005
    Breugel
    BazzUK, I have tried XP MCE for 2 years. In that time I have changed my TV tuner from PVR500MCE (Dual) to 2x floppydtv DVB-T. MCE works in beginning but starts stuttering after several months. I changed to MP because I hoped it was more stable. I must say: IT IS MORE STABLE. Instead of crashing every 3 days now it crashes once a month (mostly because I have done something wrong or installed a beta plugin or something)

Anyway, lots of fun on the forum!

regards,
    Marcel

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    M Newcomers Forum 3
    B Newcomers Forum 11
    Top Bottom