Hey people (1 Viewer)

BazzUK

June 25, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Howdy all.

Been thrown towards Media Portal by 'bolders' on this forum.

Am currently using Vista MCE, but maybe a convert at some stage.

Hope to join in discussions with regards to Media Portal once savied up.

Cheers

Bazz

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    well, Bazz, welcome to the forums.

I've never used Vista MCE, but I know with XP MCE it was a pretty easy process to trial MP.
    Just install and configure. When it is set up and running, it disables MCE so there's no conflicts.
    If you don't like it, then just close down MP and the TV Server and MCE will run again.

I'm sure someone will correct me if things have changed since I last tried this.

BazzUK

June 25, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks Marcusb, I will be using a seperate box for the trial of MP, which will have XP on it, so I do not complicate things too much (just incase Vista MCE decides that it doesn't like me).

I am sure there are numerous posts on here to provide advice and relevant information for me, but I'll know where to shout if possible problems occur.

Bazz

MdFolter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2005
    Breugel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    BazzUK, I have tried XP MCE for 2 years. In that time I have changed my TV tuner from PVR500MCE (Dual) to 2x floppydtv DVB-T. MCE works in beginning but starts stuttering after several months. I changed to MP because I hoped it was more stable. I must say: IT IS MORE STABLE. Instead of crashing every 3 days now it crashes once a month (mostly because I have done something wrong or installed a beta plugin or something)

Anyway, lots of fun on the forum!

regards,
    Marcel

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home theatre room with a beamer and has Media Portal installed, from the living room, where there is a TV that is connected to the HTPC. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do this remote control once the...
    I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home...
    I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home...
    Replies
    Views
    Then you didn’t use Nereus Skin in MP2. tMM does a great job in combination with MP2 it’s the best, if you ask me.
    Then you didn’t use Nereus Skin in MP2. tMM does a great job in combination with MP2 it’s the best, if you ask me.
    I have been a relatively happy user of MP1 for quite a while. My setup is a dedicated HTPC connected to my TV, a TV capture device...
    Replies
    Views
    Thank you for performing this test, and confirming @joecrow 's suspicion as to the cause of the problem. In principle the same problem exists with other EPG sources, such as the broadcast EPG that I use with DVB-T/T2. When a programme first appears in the EPG (7 days ahead of its broadcast time), some programmes have a generic...
    Thank you for performing this test, and confirming @joecrow 's suspicion as to the cause of the problem. In principle the same...
    TV Server 1.25. Windows 10. This has been an issue for many years, if not since inception, and I hoped it would be resolved...
    Replies
    Views
    I am still here, thanks for the input, so I have now settled on mp1, I am not afraid of a lot of tweaking. Good news on tuners is I can run side by side with my WMC setup, as my tuners are using DVBlink to combine channels for WMC, so WMC is using 8 virtual tuners from DVBlink while MP is using the tuners directly. Of course they are...
    I am still here, thanks for the input, so I have now settled on mp1, I am not afraid of a lot of tweaking. Good news on tuners is...
    No doubt I am not the first to make this journey so hopefully all can be achieved. So in short I have been running WMC for 8 years...
    Replies
    Views
    Skip forward/backword works well for me in 2.3 with the WMC skin using the mouse. I can also FF at X2. All I'm missing is the ability to speed up replay with sound!
    Skip forward/backword works well for me in 2.3 with the WMC skin using the mouse. I can also FF at X2. All I'm missing is the...
    Sorry to ask a question again that I can see has been asked before, but I just cannot find an answer and so many of thew wiki links...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom