[solved] How Do I Get The Colours That I Want? (2 Viewers)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    <textcolor>Blue</textcolor>
    I tried "blue" and that worked OK, but it is a much darker blue than the existing hex value gives. So then I tried "lightblue". That works too, and is a closer match to the colour corresponding to the hex value.

In the interests of not leaving incorrect code or xml in MP source, @catavolt ought to modify "splashscreen.xml" to use "lightblue" in place of the "#hexvalue" currently specified. :)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    If you would have had a look into 1.16 Pre Release DWHD, then you would have seen that it´s already fixed ;)
    Apologies for incorrectly impugning "DefaultWideHD". :(

When I started my customisations to "DefaultWide", I copied to my laptop the skin files for both "DefaultWideHD" and "Ares", for ease of reference. Evidently, they were from an older build of MP 1.16. :oops:

Also, I said in a previous post that "Ares" did not have any hex values that began with "#". Unfortunately that was another mistake :(, as the "Ares" version of "splashscreen.xml" contains the value "#eaeaea" in my copy of the skin files. If @wizard123 has not already corrected this, he should do so. :)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To be clear: splashscreen.xml is a very special case - it´s not a standard window of MP, so the colour tag there is correct - but with MP 1.16 Pre skinners now have some more possibilities to skin this screen ;)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    To be clear: splashscreen.xml is a very special case - it´s not a standard window of MP, so the colour tag there is correct - but with MP 1.16 Pre skinners now have some more possibilities to skin this screen ;)
    Agreed without the hash in that screen it will not work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom