How To: MCE Remote Keyboard in XP Home (1 Viewer)

juan pablo

Portal Member
October 11, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Rollup2 files

I know it can be hard to get this rollup2 patch, and just as bad to install the files if your not a PC expert.

If anyone wants the files specifically required to install keyboard functionality PM me. Ive got the Rollup2 then extracted the files required. As some of you will already know, trying to simply install the rollup2 installer / patch file will not work on anything other than MCE installations.

I had days of hassle getting the right files and then working out how to do it.

Does anyone know how to upload the files to this forum?

juan pablo

Portal Member
October 11, 2006
Home Country
The Zip file I mention in the first post is simply the extracted drivers.

It doesnt make that clear in your post. It says install the rollup in step one, yet step 4 or 5 says install the files from the zip.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Plus it also says for XP just install the rollup, but unfortunately this isnt the case as the rollup will only install on MCE, and thus you need to extract the files and only install certain ones.

So if anyone wants just the requred files, i am able to offer them for a limited period before i delete them from my desktop.

lucifer666

December 22, 2006
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hi, im new to MP, but my impression so far is good. But i have some small difficulties that i hope you can help solve. After reading and installing the rollup and the description how to adjust this to nordic language, my remote AND keyboard works nice in MP. BUT the keyboard doesent work in Windows (except some special keys like cursor, nigthmode and so on). Any suggestions on what i should do?
XP home sp2
MCE keybord, IR and remote

moltas

Portal Pro
April 6, 2005
Sweden
I have tried the tip on how to make the keyboard to work in XP home on two different systems and failed on both. The SP1, SP2 and driver.cab files renamed. Irbus.sys and Hidir.sys copied to dllcache and drivers directories - still no keyboard, just the specialkeys working. There seems to be a few of us that can't get the MCE keyboard to work...even with the available work-arounds.

Anyone has got more info on this? It's quite frustrating to have such a nice keyboard and be able to use it :(

juan pablo

Portal Member
October 11, 2006
Home Country
If anyone needs the files for this IM me and ill try finding them for you. Once you have the right files its actually very easy.

moltas

Portal Pro
April 6, 2005
Sweden
Well I have the right files I think

hidir.sys
irbus

Both with the date 2005-06-29 ('year-month-day'). These files came from the Roll-up.

I have XP Home so I shouldn't need any more files...right?

I also have some the same files with the date 2006-01-11. I tried them as well and it didn't help.

I have a "real" keyboard installed as well...could it be interfering or something?

lucifer666

December 22, 2006
Home Country
Norway Norway
I have tried the tip on how to make the keyboard to work in XP home on two different systems and failed on both. The SP1, SP2 and driver.cab files renamed. Irbus.sys and Hidir.sys copied to dllcache and drivers directories - still no keyboard, just the specialkeys working. There seems to be a few of us that can't get the MCE keyboard to work...even with the available work-arounds.

Anyone has got more info on this? It's quite frustrating to have such a nice keyboard and be able to use it :(

This is what i did: when i downloaded rollup, i delet the same files on the machine that came with the rollup ( you could take a backup just in case). Then i disconnected the IR, and connected it so the installer for new hardware started. Everytime it asked for files, i forced it to use the rollup catalogue. But i needed the XP home cd for some files, you will know which, becouse you see the filename its asking for, is not in the rollup folder. This worked for me, but i still have problems with my mouse key stick. Until i got other tips, i use my old logitech wireless mouse..

moltas

Portal Pro
April 6, 2005
Sweden
Thanks for your reply lucifer. I have tried it but will give it another go, making sure that I only have the rollup files on my machine.

** a few hours later **
Tried it and it still doesn't work.

The XP licence is OEM, language swedish, both Service Packs installed and all the latest updates as well...Are there different versions of the keyboard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom