How to play .ts files?? (1 Viewer)

mr.white

Portal Member
June 13, 2004
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hello!

I can´t play .ts files with mp.
When i try to play a .ts file it just blinks ones and nothing happens.

I use MP 0.2.0 test version and cvs-11-05-2005--14-02

/mrwhite

SPYcorp

Portal Member
February 17, 2005
Do you want playback a DVD-copie from harddisk ?
If so, it´s corrct that MP won´t play it, becaus video_ts is a *.ifo file and that holds some information about the *.vob from the DVD and not a video-file.

Solution should be:
creating a image as DVD-Video and let MP mount it by Daemon Tools
or
extract the vob to mpeg (there is a freeware solution, i´ll look for it later)and run the mpeg directly

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    The HDTV pump filter did the job for me at the time, and it still does in the directshow applications I've tested (including GraphEdit). However, now MP has its own 'TsFileSource.ax' for the playback of .ts files, I no longer have sound. Initial diagnostics suggest the audio stream is picked up as AC3, while it is in fact MPEG. But, since the MP team are working hard on transport stream related issues I'll wait until they think it should be ready for use and then test again. MP now uses dvr-ms again for recordings and I've converted my existing .ts files to .dvr-ms using the 'tsconverter' utility that can be found here.

bear

Portal Member
    November 1, 2005
    hi AberDino,

Initial diagnostics suggest the audio stream is picked up as AC3, while it is in fact MPEG.

Is it possible that there is an AC3 stream just nothing on it? TSFileSource default setting for audio is preferred AC3 so you may need to uncheck the option on its property page to revert to MPEG audio.

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hi bear,

I would say that is unlikely, as I don't think AC3 is included in UK terrestrial freeview broadcasts. But, I'll have a look at the TsFileSource property page when I get home tonight. I'll also have a look at the filter that's used in other directshow applications.

bigj

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2005
    I also experienced loss of sound (UK dvb-t).

I was using CVS from 18/10/05 for a while which was good, but at some point after this (and prior to switch back to dvr-ms) I found the cvs builds lost sound.

I'm now using latest cvs builds again (with dvr-ms).
    A slight aside, I had been using DSCALER audio with .TS, but with .dvr-ms DSCALER introduced big stuttering when viewing a program being recorded. Using another codec was ok. No worries, as I know dvr-ms is a temporary thing.

Cheers,
    BigJ.

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I believe DMAN_LFC is part of the dev team and uses DVB-t in the UK. Maybe he can test it too and possibly report a solution, or confirm it as a bug. I can provide more details if required.

mr.white

Portal Member
    June 13, 2004
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I tested with the DVBPortal HDTV Pump Filter and now i can play .ts files in Windows media player but not in mp
    The same as before when i try to play a .ts file it just blinks one time and nothing happens after no error i can still brows the list of files after.

it could works afterall i can watch the files in WMP
    and the .ts is listed with all other files in MP like .avi .mpg....

/mrwhite

bear

Portal Member
    November 1, 2005
    hi mrwhite,

I tested with the DVBPortal HDTV Pump Filter and now i can play .ts files in Windows media player but not in mp
    The same as before when i try to play a .ts file it just blinks one time and nothing happens after no error i can still brows the list of files after.

mp does not seem to allow the use of the MS MPEG2 Demultiplexer when its used with push source filters. I suggest you revert mp to use its own internal source filter for .ts files.

If you need a seperate media player that can use these push source filters then have a look at Zoomplayer.

hi AberDino,

I would say that is unlikely, as I don't think AC3 is included in UK terrestrial freeview broadcasts.

If this is the case then its most likely a private stream that has been identified as AC3. No doubt that this relates to a difference in the DVB standards between countries. It would have been nice if they all agreed on a single standard.

Users who are viewing this thread