how to record TV and Set top box (1 Viewer)

cellsee6

Portal Member
June 26, 2022
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Q1.) I have installed MP2 on my Windows 10 Pro computer. I have Comcast cable and set top box. Where can I find information about which TV cards will work with MP2 and Comcast set top box ?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    in our Wiki you find the list of compatible hardware.
    If your hardware is not mentioned try to use the search function in forum. If you are lucky others tried your hardware and shared their experience. In worst case you need to just try by your self. As we are Open Source we can unfortunately not purchase all hardware types, but just the mainstream hardware.

James9

August 20, 2024
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hallo

I have question related to topic, How do I set up Electronic Program Guide (EPG) data in MP2 for Comcast channels?

James ;)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hallo

I have question related to topic, How do I set up Electronic Program Guide (EPG) data in MP2 for Comcast channels?

James ;)
    you can find infor for this in our Wiki. I've no experience with Comcast, but basically the EPG setup is similar for any kind of channels.
    For cable and satelite the EPG is mostly delivered directly by the provider. Alternatively you can use xml based sources. I use for example the EPGBuddy, which is also mentioned in the WIKI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I also have never used a set-top box with MP, but I think that you need to use an IR emitter (aka "IR blaster"). The IRSS software controls the emitter, and transmits IR signals under the direction of MP. The IR signal is received by the IR receiver within the set-top box, and so can be used to change channel and so on. The set-top...
    I also have never used a set-top box with MP, but I think that you need to use an IR emitter (aka "IR blaster"). The IRSS software...
    My computer is running Windows 10 Pro. I have installed MP2. Not sure what version. I have a Hauppauge WinTV 1850 TV card...
    Replies
    Views
    Thank you for answering so promptly on July 4.
    Thank you for answering so promptly on July 4.
    My computer is running Windows 10 Pro . I have Comcast cable. I have a set top box. Installed in the computer is a Hauppauge...
    Replies
    Views
    That was the correction I made in BasicHome for the 1.35 Prerelease which you adddd to repo ;)
    That was the correction I made in BasicHome for the 1.35 Prerelease which you adddd to repo ;)
    I'm going bananas here!! Used MP1 since MP1.10 or so.....an haven't had problems for years! Am using latest Dune...
    Replies
    Views
    Please check the wiki, which explains how to prepare and use MP2. If files are stored as mp4, mkv, avi, ... does not really matter.
    Please check the wiki, which explains how to prepare and use MP2. If files are stored as mp4, mkv, avi, ... does not really matter.
    I am running MP2 on a computer running Windows 10 Pro. When I start MP2 I see a screen displaying square images to the left ...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 1.34 STB blasting for IPTV DE
    I'm downsizing my big honkin' HTPC case to a mini PC, which means the tried and true Hauppauge Colossus card that bridges the set top box into Mediaportal needs replaced with a different solution. I currently have HDMI from the STB to the colossus. Mediaportal is controlling the STB through a USBUIRT blaster and the blaster is...
    I'm downsizing my big honkin' HTPC case to a mini PC, which means the tried and true Hauppauge Colossus card that bridges the set...
    I'm downsizing my big honkin' HTPC case to a mini PC, which means the tried and true Hauppauge Colossus card that bridges the set...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom