Ongoing HTPC Motherboards with HDMI (1 Viewer)

infy

Portal Member
January 27, 2006
I'll be buying the Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H. Unless you have all changed your mind about this board... :p

but what proc should I put on it?

seal

Portal Member
December 9, 2007
Cracow, Poland
Home Country
Poland Poland
Hi, i bought GA-MA78GM-S2H yesterday - windows installed and works, i connected with TOSHIBA 37X3000PG /full hd/ with HDMI cable - everything works well, but when im turn off tv and turn on again i have no screen displayed again, i need to restart, the same if i turn on when tv is off after turn on tv i didnt see. :(

Any ideas?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    (Going off topic here, seal, but just have to ask:)
    Are you on Vista or XP? If XP: No freezing issues (like with the 690g)?

Monchi

Portal Pro
    January 7, 2008
    seal

same board same problem over here, when i connect my Samsun LE32R83 over HDMI. (VGA is working properly)!

but i don't have i solution for it right now!

i started a thread on the german gigabyte support forum. if I get some useful info i'll going to keep you up to date

P.s.: Using vista

seal

Portal Member
    December 9, 2007
    Cracow, Poland
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    I found on the net that newest catalyst can help:

AMD GAME Drivers and Utilities

i will try tommorow

@seal

same board same problem over here, when i connect my Samsun LE32R83 over HDMI. (VGA is working properly)!

but i don't have i solution for it right now!

i started a thread on the german gigabyte support forum. if I get some useful info i'll going to keep you up to date

P.s.: Using vista

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    the new ASUS M3A78-EMH HDMI is listed in Germay since today!

780G/SB700 ATi Chipset like the Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H, but note the much bigger full-copper heatsink on the Northbridge (with GFX). Looks promising for ca. 70 €

Infos here:
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

Edit: the Asus does not have FireWire, like the Gigabyte (I need it for DV-Camcorder)!!!

infy

Portal Member
    January 27, 2006
    I've ordered it as well should receive it today or tomorrow. (gigabyte version)

Don't like having to install vista, one bit though :[
    So I might just try it, see how it goes and then revert back to XP. I bought 5000+ black edition (65w) version. That should be enough in xp for the HD stuff.

seal

Portal Member
    December 9, 2007
    Cracow, Poland
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    infy: on XP will work well, especially if you use Cyberlink Decoder for H64 stuff, the built in GFX has AVIVO (hardware H264 decoding) support and works perfectly :)

Users who are viewing this thread