Hybrid Card - Unknown channel (1 Viewer)

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    :D peter for finding this issue and fixing it.

I'm currently searching a way to fix the issues that chemelli mentioned in his last post. The reasons are always the same. The setup application needs direct access to a specific which is wrapped through the hybrid card. The other one is that the user context for all parts of a hybrid card is the same. This is why the card id doesn't fit. ATM I don't know how this can be fixed easily, but I'm sure that it can be fixed.

MisterD

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Small update.
    I updated the patch at sourceforge. The modified files are based on revision 16388. Here is the link: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1820581&group_id=107397&atid=647927
    The updated version fixes the following issues with the hybrid card feature:
    - While scanning all channels where mapped to the wrong card (reported by chemelli)
    - It was possible to scan more than part of a hybrid card. I added an additional check to all card types and also that they are enabled, which wasn't checked for every card type.

While searching for reason of these issues, I also found a small bug in TvCardDvbBase.cs. A boolean value was changed to early twice (-> EPG grabber not stop properly)

So please test and post your result here.

MisterD

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    misterd,

thank a lot for the update, I will patch immediatly my sources...

Simone

BTW, I have a issue that maybe can be related to hybrid card, maybe not. If you have time to review my bug report would be great: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/jump_backward_pcr_detected-t30454.html

misterd,

it seems that after compiling and updating setuptv.exe, tvlibrary.dll and tvservice.exe again SVN 16389 I cannot get any DVB-T channel during scan...

Simone

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    misterd,

it seems that after compiling and updating setuptv.exe, tvlibrary.dll and tvservice.exe again SVN 16389 I cannot get any DVB-T channel during scan...

Simone
    This is very strange, because I haven't change anything on the underlying scanning mechanism. If I understand correctly the server starts to scan and doesn't display a message box, but it doesn't find any channel. Since the error with the wrong mapped channels was only a wrong device path, I only have one idea: Try my patch without the file TvCardDvbBase.cs. Perhaps the cancelling of the epg grabber has a strange side effect.
    If this also doesn't work please provide some logs.

MisterD

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    misterd, compiling without the TVCardDVbBase.cs change doesn't help.

Here my logs...take into particoular account the error.log, was clean before.

Simone

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    misterd,

it was a TsWriter.ax partial coding isuse. It's now fixed in 16401.

Regards,

Simone

BTW, 16404 has your patch included. Many thanks rtv !!!

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    rtv,

I already tested misted patch compiling myself and everything seems fixed: analog scanning, DVB-T channels assignement and all other hybrid known issues.

Simone

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    :D rtv for committing the patch to SVN.

misterd,

it was a TsWriter.ax partial coding isuse. It's now fixed in 16401.

Regards,

Simone

BTW, 16404 has your patch included. Many thanks rtv !!!
    It would have surprised me, if my patch had broken the channel scanning. I had a small look at your logs and the code yesterday and also found the bug. But I hadn't the time to take a deeper look at it.

Anyway it is good to hear that now the hybrid card feature is working for you.

Regards,
    MisterD

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Hi misterd,i've installed the latest SVN for trying to give you some feedback but seem to be some problem with TV plugin(see error log).I will try to use a previous TV plugin and i will update my post.

After testing the latest Tv server SVN(but with another SVN TV client plugin)i can say that my hybrid card it's getting more stable and more faster.Using TV server without EPG grabbing only sometimes crashed Tv service(maybe because i'm not using the latest TV client plugin)but with EPG grabber after some channel change always TV service always crash(but i've noticed some improvements in EPG,now has found the epg for almost all channels,DVB-S channels in first place).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom