Hybrid Card - Unknown channel (1 Viewer)

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Chemelli i've did what RTV said and reinstalled Cyberlink encoders.now Analog part works,channels founded but when i try to do a preview sometimes works sometimes not.If i do the first preview with an analog channel it works(sometimes),but is causing some troubles because after that DVB-S part no longer work and i have to restart the server to get it work.If the first preview it's on digital tuner then analog part work no more(log posted).Like someoane here said analog it's really a pain in the ass:D .Hope my log will help you somehow,and i hope RAI DVB-T will soon be at Padova too.
    For the hybrid part i really think misterd did an excellent job,so the other guys and hybrid part of TV3 it's getting better everyday .I've already posted my feedback on Eabin bug fix here:https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/tvengine3_snapshot_10_25_2007_12_38h-t30209.html

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MisterD, I guess you are right.

Any idea on how to solve this for me and all hauppauge users ?

Simone
    I have several ideas:
    1. Buy an other software encoder. For the devs this would be the easiest one. :D
    Ok now some real ideas:
    2. We could change the code and add support for this. Personally I don't like this part of the server. The reason is very simple: 2 files with ~2000 lines of code only for analog cards :mad:
    3. Someone already suggested a xml configuration file like in TVE2 for tv cards also for TVE3. Since there are so many different types of analog cards which need different graphs, I think it would be good if the tv server has something like a plugin architecture for analog cards. This would mean that the server out of the box support the standard cases for tv cards automatically. For the additional cases the developers/users can write a special implementation for this. This would produce a little bit of duplicate code, but make the code handling easier. The reason is that currently the special cases are not separated from the standard case.

None of these ideas is really easy to implement and I think that there also other bugs in the analog part (e.g. analog radio).

@Pretoriano: I will look at your logs. I must admit that I haven't tested the preview function in setuptv.

MisterD

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If i do the first preview with an analog channel it works(sometimes),but is causing some troubles because after that DVB-S part no longer work and i have to restart the server to get it work.If the first preview it's on digital tuner then analog part work no more

Did you setup your card correctly building a hybrid group like it is documented in the wiki?

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Ok,misterd i'm not using Analog because DVB-T in Rome covers everything,i only try to be somehow usefull to MP comunity.I still have problems installin Media Portal SVN but tomorow i will restore a previously Vista backup image so all will be back to normal.

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Did you setup your card correctly building a hybrid group like it is documented in the wiki?[/QUOTE]

My Hybrid setup lok like this

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Next patch is on sourceforge. I fixed the bugs in the manual control section of SetupTV and the TvStreams window in MP. Here is the link to the patch: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1820581&group_id=107397&atid=647927
    The patch is based on Rev. 16362.
    The problem is that all parts of a hybrid cards are sharing the same context with the same user objects.

Ok,misterd i'm not using Analog because DVB-T in Rome covers everything,i only try to be somehow usefull to MP comunity.I still have problems installin Media Portal SVN but tomorow i will restore a previously Vista backup image so all will be back to normal.
    I just taught that this could be a reason, because you tested the analog part also. I hope that your restore will work and you can use MP without any problems anyway.

MisterD

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    misterd, rtv,

I have now the analog TVpart of Hauppauge HVR-4000 working.
    The fix is quite simple once you know it:

1) Remove all Hauppauge installed software from control pannel
    2) download WinTV software from http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/support/support_new_xpvista.html
    ( filename = WinTVCD 4_0_UK.exe)
    3) Extract it and run HCWclear.exe
    4) Install Drivers
    5 Install MPEG SW Decoders

Now rescan for analog channels and you will find them ;-)

Under the download link above you can find detailed steps to install all the needes peace of software...

Simone

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I tested for a while the analog part. Take care that my setup is

a) DVB-S in "normal mode"
    b) Analog + DVB-T in a hybrid card

I have found two issues so far:

1) DVB-T channels are detected as DVB-T if in "normal mode". If DVB-T is included in a hybrid card then the channels are detected as analog.

2) Often switching from a channel to another or making a preview in TV3 config I get the error "cannot start timeshifting" or "no audio/video detected".

BTW, I'm on 16362 for both MP and TV3.

Simone

peterk2007

Portal Member
    April 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hello Guys,

It's sad, but I just dicovered, that the patch misterd made caused some problems. Please look at this thread: Only first tune works....

Reverting the changes of misterd's patch made everything work again for me. Since I'm not the only one reporting this problem (in fact exactly the same problem) I assume that this would also work for others. But reverting back is never the best thing, it would be much better if we could find and fix the problem. So this is why I'm here. :)

I'd like to ask you - expecially misterd - to help fix this issue. I don't know much about tvserver (in fact this was the first time i ever looked into the code, and only because i had this problem), so I need assistance. I have attached my log (and renekaar did so) in the other thread, so if someone could look at it, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

I will try to further locate the problem, and report back as soon as i find something.

cheers,
    Peter

Edit:
    Ok, I got further. I found out that everything is OK in the patch, except one line in TVCardAnalog.cs. This one:

public void FreeSubChannel(int id)
    {
    Dispose();
    }

As soon as I comment this line out, everything works for me. Now, the task is to find out what happens with the audio in dispose method that will not be restored at the next start. :) (Video is OK, just the audio gets lost.)

cheers,
    Peter

----------------------------------------------------------
    Edit 2:
    Well, family event cancelled, so I had time to further investigate the problem. And found it. :) Here it is:

{
    Dispose();
    _previousChannel = null;
    }

If I read the code correctly, "_previousChannel" supposed to hold information about the last tuned channel in order to quicken/fasten the channel-changing process. It lets the tuning function compare the new channel to the previous one, and change only the modified tuning parameters. This is good as long as the the broadcast is on. But as soon as dispose is called - which destroys the broadcast and clears all filters from the filtergraph - it is necessary to fully set the new tuning parameters after the graph has been re-created.

Could someone please validate my opinion? I prefer not to commit this fix myself, because - as I said - I am vanilla new in this tvserver thing. So I may not see the context well, and it is pretty possible that there is a more elegant or relevant fix for this.

Cheers,
    Peter

p.s.:
    This forum is really funny. :p It doesn't matter what i do, I cant post a new message. The forum just merges my new post with the previous one. :eek:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    {
    Dispose();
    _previousChannel = null;
    }

If I read the code correctly, "_previousChannel" supposed to hold information about the last tuned channel in order to quicken/fasten the channel-changing process. It lets the tuning function compare the new channel to the previous one, and change only the modified tuning parameters. This is good as long as the the broadcast is on. But as soon as dispose is called - which destroys the broadcast and clears all filters from the filtergraph - it is necessary to fully set the new tuning parameters after the graph has been re-created.

Could someone please validate my opinion? I prefer not to commit this fix myself, because - as I said - I am vanilla new in this tvserver thing. So I may not see the context well, and it is pretty possible that there is a more elegant or relevant fix for this.

Sounds logical. The next public SVN build contains the fix. Guys, please test if it solves the issue. Unfortunately I don't have an analog tv card so I cannot test it.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom