Hybrid Card - Unknown channel (1 Viewer)

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Pretoriano,
    I had a look at your log.
    It seems that the newer version of the TvPlugin can't find the file "gentle.config" which contains the connection string to the database. You should perhaps take a look at this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/failing_read_write_gentle_config_after_tve3-t29029.html. Perhaps the fix for this issue is the reason for you problems.

I think that the crashes are not related to the hybrid card feature, but I will have a look at it.
    Since your logs don't give me detailed informations, especially the server logs I have some questions:
    - What kind of EPG grabber are you using? (timeshift / idle state)
    - Are the crashes are only happening when you change from a channel to a channel on a different part of the hybrid card?
    - Is definitely the server crashing or only MP?

MisterD

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Pretoriano,

two quick things.

Checking your error.log I can see an issue accessing gentle.config. I had the same and found a solution deleting all files after removing MP and TV3 from add/remove. You can use the attached CleanUp_MP_TV3.vbs that for the moment works fine on Vista and may miss some directory on XP: test it and let me know. Then reinstall RC3 run configuration.exe and then updat eto the latest SVN.

I'm interested in verifying with you if your analog card detect channel names or instead detect them as "Channel XX".

Thanks a lot.

Simone

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm interested in verifying with you if your analog card detect channel names or instead detect them as "Channel XX".
    Since you are using Vista the server won't be able to detect the name of analog channels. The reason is quite simple. As you already found out Vista is missing the WST codec, which is needed for teletext. The server uses teletext to detect the channel name for analog channels. Until the server can use the new vbi codec from Vista it won't be able to detect the names. :sorry:

MisterD

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Hi Pretoriano,
    I had a look at your log.
    It seems that the newer version of the TvPlugin can't find the file "gentle.config" which contains the connection string to the database. You should perhaps take a look at this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/failing_read_write_gentle_config_after_tve3-t29029.html. Perhaps the fix for this issue is the reason for you problems.

I think that the crashes are not related to the hybrid card feature, but I will have a look at it.
    Since your logs don't give me detailed informations, especially the server logs I have some questions:
    - What kind of EPG grabber are you using? (timeshift / idle state)
    - Are the crashes are only happening when you change from a channel to a channel on a different part of the hybrid card?
    - Is definitely the server crashing or only MP?

MisterD

hi,i've did another test now so i can answer to your questions:

1)I'm using EPG grabber only in idle state
    2)On the last test i was changing channels only on DVB-T tuner so now i'm sure it's happening in both situations(not only when changing from one tuner to another)
    3)Yes it's tv service crashing not MP and the OSD error is "connection to tv service lost".I have set tv service to restart right away after a crash so sometimes if i'm waiting for a couple of second My TV works again without restarting MP,so i think is only tv server crashing.

by the way in set up TV server after you last patch the tuners are viewed correct(no more dvb-S becoming dvb-t when timeshifting a dvb-t channel),but in MP i still can see two streams.

I don't know if could help but i'm posting the new logs too.

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    CleanUp MP and TV3 for fixing gentle.config issue

Pretoriano,

the gentle.config issue can be reproduced here. Here a fix:

• Execute as Administrator the script CleanUp_MP_TV3.vbs

• Install MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 RC3 and run configuration

• Install MediaPortal latest SVN and run configuration

• Install TVengine3 latest SVN

• Correct path in icons both in the start menu and in the desktop

Take care that first step will remove everything from MP and TV3 from your machine.

Let me know if this fixes the issue for you too.

Simone

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Thanks Chemelli but i've did all the steps but in the end i still have the problem with TV client plugin:( .I'm using MySql and i wonder if has something to do with that.
    Misterd is right my analog channels are listed like yours,no name.

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    MisterD,

I found a little issue with HybridCard. I'm trying to add a channel in manual mode:

SetupTv.exe -> TV channels -> Add

but the result is this screenshot.

Simone

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Simone,
    I will have a look at it. Happens this only if you try to add a channel to a specific part or does it happen for all parts. Also what happens if you add a channel to a card that isn't defined in a hybrid card?

Thanks in advance for your test results.

MisterD

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    MisterD,

this happens with all parts of a hybrid card and with parts not defined as hybrid.

Simone

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After reviewing the code I have to say that this is a normal behavior. The displayed types in the channel list only indicates to which card types the channel is mapped. If you map the new channel to a card it the type will be displayed.

Perhaps it will be better solution if the setup displays a window appears after you have added a new channel where you can directly map the channel to one or more cards.

MisterD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom