I can't get the PowerScheduler to work (1 Viewer)

Mr. Bean

Portal Pro
June 21, 2005
Germany
I've set it like my other HTPC:

20210406_201642.jpg

20210406_201654.jpg

20210406_201704.jpg

20210406_201714.jpg

20210406_201723.jpg

20210406_201734.jpg

20210406_201742.jpg

20210406_201752.jpg

20210406_201808.jpg

But it will not go to sleep in Homescreen. What is wrong?

With "START" "Shutdown" I can put it to sleep

Win10 20H2 with MePo 1.27

Mr. Bean

Portal Pro
June 21, 2005
Germany
Til now it will only set the screen to dark. By klicking on a button MePo is on the sceen again

20210406_223805.jpg

20210406_223954.jpg

20210406_221146.jpg

But: Herunterfahren -> Ruhezustand will work directly. It will go to sleep

What can be the reason?

Mr. Bean

Portal Pro
June 21, 2005
Germany
He will restart by itself without programming after a Minute ...

I'll try now with "Standby"

Edit: Same thing ... It will start by itself

20210406_225838.jpg

20210406_225916.jpg

Last edited:

Mr. Bean

Portal Pro
June 21, 2005
Germany
Today my wife has programmed something to record. And after that, the HTPS ist in sleep mode. But, it will start after a minute again :eek:

What can it be?????

Edit: I've disabled Serial Remote control and HDI and saved the setup. Then start the MePo to Homescreen and wait. After the programmed 8 Minutes it will go to sleep. But start again after 3 Minutes :cry:

Edit2: Going to sleep again after 8 Minutes and after 3 Minutes On again ...

So something set them to ON again and again. I've tested it now by let them run. It is an infinity On and OFF!

Has someone a Idea?

Where are the Logs to find :eek:

Last edited:

Mr. Bean

Portal Pro
June 21, 2005
Germany
20210408_232234.jpg

The 8 Minutes are the Time I set him to go to sleep. This is ok.

But the 3 Minutes?

20210408_232356.jpg

20210408_232450.jpg

20210408_232600.jpg

I try now S4

SLEEP: 8 Minutes. ON after 3 Minutes. So 180s ...

Last edited:

Mr. Bean

Portal Pro
June 21, 2005
Germany
the logs

But: Also without MePo is running and set them to sleep (saving Energy) he will wake up by itself

Attachments

• log.zip
    386 KB
Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    After the programmed 8 Minutes it will go to sleep. But start again after 3 Minutes
    Possibly your HTPC is being woken via the network; this is called "WOL" ("wake on lan"). You could try one of the following:
    • Using Windows "Device Manager", disable all WOL for your wired and wireless network adapters.
    • Using "Device Manager", disable your wired and wireless network adapters.
    • Unplug the network cable from your HTPC, and remove the USB wi-fi adapter. (If your wi-fi adapter is built in, you will have to use one of the first two alternatives.)
    -- from CyberSimian in the UK

Mr. Bean

Portal Pro
    June 21, 2005
    Germany
    Tomorrow I will Update the BIOS and all Drivers from the Asus Prime H410M-E

I've also seen an driver Problem for a USB Device.

And also check your tip

It seems not a problem with MePo. So: If i close Mepo and set windows to sleepmode he will also wake up the same way ... .

How can I find out what is standing in the Schedule table of the Board?

Last edited:

Mr. Bean

Portal Pro
    June 21, 2005
    Germany
    So: All drivers are updated. USB Problem shown in the Hardware Manager is away.

But still fighting with sleep mode ...

20210411_103847.jpg

Screenshot_20210411-105919_Chrome.jpg

Edit: With the seen configuration in the pictures above he will not go to sleep. So Set again the "Powerscheduler forces" function. So he will go to sleep. But now, after all, I habe this Problem after waking up after 3Minutes by himself:

20210411_112044.jpg

20210411_112103.jpg

20210411_112150.jpg

20210411_112210.jpg

20210411_112241.jpg

So he will not come with the MePo like before, he will aske fot the Password. Thats new. By starting up I've installed it so that he will put a password by hinself.

My ohter HTPC with MePo 1.19 in the Kitchen will run without all this problems I have here wirh the New Installing Win10 and MePo 1.27

Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    How can I find out what is standing in the Schedule table of the Board?
    This did not translate well into English, so apologies if I have misunderstood what you are asking.

I think that the device that is causing your HTPC to wake is the device that contains the DHCP manager. DHCP stands for "Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol", and the DHCP manager is the program that allocates dynamic IP addresses. On my home network, the DHCP manager is part of my ADSL broadband modem, but the DHCP manager can reside in other devices, such as network switches or wi-fi routers.

Each computer in your network can be defined in the Windows config to use either a static IP address or a dynamic IP address. The default is to use a dynamic IP address. When a PC powers on and joins your home network, the DHCP manager allocates a dynamic IP address for those computers that request it. The problem is: how does the DHCP manager reclaim that dynamic IP address when your computer shuts down or is unplugged from the network? The answer is (I think) that the DHCP manager periodically sends ping messages to each device on your home network to determine if those devices are still connected.

If the DHCP manager is well written, the manager will send ping messages only to those devices that have dynamic IP addresses. If the manager is poorly written, it will send ping messages to all devices on your home network. So, my conclusions are this:
    • Your HTPC is receiving ping messages because it is using a dynamic IP address.
    • Your HTPC is waking from sleep or hibernation when it receives the ping message because WOL (wake on lan) is enabled in the config for the network adapter.
    What you should do is this:
    • If your HTPC is a desktop or tower system, there is no advantage in using a dynamic IP address, so you should change it to use a static IP address.
    • If your HTPC is a laptop that you sometimes use outside your home to connect to other networks (e.g. a network at work, or at college, or at an internet cafe), you should continue using a dynamic IP address, and instead disable WOL for the network adapter.
    • If you want to use a dynamic IP address and use WOL, you will need to modify the network adapter config everytine you move the HTPC from one location to another. :(
    In the config program for the DHCP manager, you can define the range of addresses that the manager can use for dynamic IP addresses, and the range of addresses that it cannot use. The latter are the ones that you can use for static IP addresses.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread