I Propound new Splash for 0.3 + PSD (1 Viewer)

uninet

Portal Member
April 25, 2005
Vanessa,

Your artistry, as ususal, is teriffic!

I now have a new boot screen. Thank you.

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
December 8, 2004
North America
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Okay said:
Sorry.... 640 x 480 pixels @ 16 colors made this impossible to look great as a bootscreen.

I reduced it to those parameters and it looks OK to me. PM me a email addy if you want me to send it to you.

dreamking47

August 1, 2006
make it skinable?

This actually suggests something I was wondering about...could the initial MP "loading" splash screen be skinable, so each skin could have its own splash screen? Or is that not possible until the DirectX stuff loads?

MattD

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Yuo first post, and that is you question? :lol:

I don't see the point of seperate splash-screens personaly, but Vanessas contribution is a nice eye-candy.

wewe

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2005
    Herxheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Vanessa - why don't you take the wonderfull new picture and make a new splash with the existing Logo and Font?

I am working in the marketing area and I can tell you that you never should change the CI (cororate identity) unless you really have a problem. You don't imagine how valuable a known logo is. (whereas it is possible to do smaller anhancements in order to adopt it to the spirit of the age)

However I agree that the existing logo is not 100% professional from the artwork. The white circle inside the grey circle has a little dint at the upper right. Maybe it anyways should be taken out and there should b a hole rather than this white circle.

What u think?

thanks+regards
    WeWe

BoelShit

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It's a great picture, but I don't really care what the splash screen looks like... I only see it once in a while (max 2 times a week).

But I must agree with most of the replies here. Keep the old look of the logo and maybe spice it up a little.

And furthermore I rather see the 3DMP skin being finished :lol:

LordMessi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2005
    Ørsø, Dronninglund, Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    mofux said:
    i like the background, but for the fonts - they really suck! in my eyes we already have a very stylish logo which can really be re-used.

I would go as far, as say that it MUST be used (the "old" logo)

December 28, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    I enjoyed your background, but I’m sad to say I disliked the logo. So I just had to make some quick re-editing. However like most off these things it’s a personal taste so it will be hard to please the greater community of media portal

Here are some of my ruff examples
    mp_splash1.png

mp_splash4.png

PSD download.
    http://www.savefile.com/files/9165402

Users who are viewing this thread