Not open for further replies.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Where can I see this "list of what is playing" that tracks get added to when I press OK then? I'm confused because when "Show current playlist" is ticked, OK does add the tracks to the list shown on the playlist screen, but when "Show current playlist" is unticked pressing OK the playlist screen doesn't show these tracks, so it seems that as far as MP is concerned pressing OK adds the tracks to the "current playlist". I also don't understand the difference between a playlist and a "list of what is playing" either!

And that is the issue.... mp currently only has a single screen to show any list of tracks (collective term for the playlist and now playing screen)

So there is only one list and no way of switching. As you can see you can either see the now playing list but then you can "audition" tracks whilst building a playlist or you can see the playlist and not see tracks you queue up (which is actually how mp was working before)

This is what I want to improve if I ever get time

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Would it be possible to implement the "percentage played" with resume function that MediaPortal's video lists now use for files that are longer than 10 minutes (or a slider in config to set resume to "on")? Let's call it "cue point" for now.

Like this:

[x] Enable playback resume for long audio files (1 file album rips, DJ mixes, audio books) when the percentage setting below has been reached:

1%________20%___________________________100%
    ----------------|---------------------------------------

[x] Ignore setting above if item is part of playlist

When a large file is played again it starts playing at the latest point of playback and a popup window is shown:

Playback file from start instead?
    Yes / No (default is No)

The pop-up times out after 10 seconds of playback (a count-down would be cool). If file playback is initiated from a saved playlist, cue points aren't saved unless a long file is stopped in the set percentage to trigger a new cue point.

Thoughts?
    Emph

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Would it be possible to implement the "percentage played" with resume function that MediaPortal's video lists now use for files that are longer than 10 minutes (or a slider in config to set resume to "on")? Let's call it "cue point" for now.

Like this:

[x] Enable playback resume for long audio files (1 file album rips, DJ mixes, audio books) when the percentage setting below has been reached:

1%________20%___________________________100%
    ----------------|---------------------------------------

[x] Ignore setting above if item is part of playlist

When a large file is played again it starts playing at the latest point of playback and a popup window is shown:

Playback file from start instead?
    Yes / No (default is No)

The pop-up times out after 10 seconds of playback (a count-down would be cool). If file playback is initiated from a saved playlist, cue points aren't saved unless a long file is stopped in the set percentage to trigger a new cue point.

Thoughts?

At least I would get pissed of if MP would popup some dialog when playing some longer songs:

My Dying Bride - The Barghest O’ Whitby - 27 mins
    Godspeed You! Black Emperor - <any song> - xx mins
    Smashing Pumpkins - <many live versions> - yz mins

..it would require some tags to know that the song is not a real song, but instead some audio book for example.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thoughts?
    Emph

Still the same as before. I think this is probably doable in BASS player but I don't have any plans to implement this. This would be great for audio books but as tourettes points out length is not good enough.

This would be something I would not look at until some major things were implemented (replay gain, wasapi, I'd 2.4 tags, working asio, playlists, album / artist info lookups....) this is already more than we will have time to put into 1.3

datja

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Dear jameson

I have used MP since 2006. I started loving MP with the advent of Moving Pictures and MP TV series.

I cherish a long-held dream of a similar "mode" for the music section. It could be obtained in a separate plugin, of course.

My movies plugin displays:
    Movielist(or banners, or other preferred view)-Movie
    and TVseries is if course similar:
    TVserieslist-TVseries with Seasonlist-Episodelist

In each level the user is fed with appropriate and nice info and pictures.

Suppose there was a similar system for music:

Artistlist(with a small piece of text from a good source + picture)-Artist (comparable to TVseries) with albumlist with some info on each album + picture-Tracklist

Would this be possible?

If you use StreamedMP, check this out: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...rc-v2-0-clearart-cdart-music-tags-more-98319/

You'll need to get the MusicInfo plugin as well: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/listen-music-99/automated-artist-album-scraping-99812/

Emph

Thank you. That does look very interesting. However, I am a bit wary of modifying my system which is used by the entire family (including 4-year olds and wife) why I dare not try this at the moment. Just upgrading to 1.2 was a nerve-wrecking adventure. I think I still will have to wait for these features to be included in more standard plugins.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I am a bit wary of modifying my system which is used by the entire family (including 4-year olds and wife) why I dare not try this at the moment. Just upgrading to 1.2 was a nerve-wrecking adventure. I think I still will have to wait for these features to be included in more standard plugins.

If you should notice any instabilities while using the MusicInfo plugin, just remove the .dll file from the Plugins/Process folder. StreamedMP part is really easy to revert, just a matter of downloading the latest installer and using the "repair" option.

If you have half an hour to try it you'd love it for sure. The only downside is that no other skin has implemented this info yet.

Emph

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is there going to be any changes to playlists and what we can do with them? I'd love to be able to load a playlist, click "Show current playlist" then have some filtering options in a context menu (F9, Info, Right-click):

Sort playlist->

Sort by Artist
    Sort by Genre
    Sort by year (Ascending)
    Sort by year (Descending)
    Sort by Duration (Ascending)
    Sort by Duration (Descending)
    Sort by Media format

Jump to album (show album name of current playing track)
    Single track repeat

Emph

boein

Portal Member
    May 1, 2006
    Hi,

For recording web-radio try the mpstreamripper plugin. I also found this feature was missing in MP and decided to build one myself based on the very same streamripper you mentioned in your posting. I recently updated the code and it should now work in MP1.2 and higher (at least on my PC :) ) but never got feedback so try it and let me know.

Regards,
    Boein

Dear community,

[*]Record Webradio
    The Wiki article for Radio doesn't differenciate between DVB and Web radio, thus I thought i's possible to rip webstrams. Later I found a note on the bottom of the Wiki article for TV Server that this feature is not supported. Now I use streamripper and the Windows scheduler for this purpose, but integration into the MediaPortal GUI would be nice.

mp.user

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Ideas for Music Section 1.3

For recording web-radio try the mpstreamripper plugin.

Thanks for the hint. I installed your plugin but it doesn't seem to work at my side. It is listed as installed but I noticed no change in MediaPortal. I read your documentation and assume that the problem could be the fixed paths. I'm running as restricted user on Win 7 x64, so there's no write access to c:\temp and my MP directories are different.

Beyond, I need a few features that your plugin doesn't seem to have:
    • Scheduling (Automatic wakeup and start at programmable times)
    • Setting the User Agent string
    • Limit the duration
    In short, I need to be able to configure the streamripper arguments. My current way to use a combination of streamripper and the Windows task scheduler seems to be the best option at the moment.

Thanks anyway!

Klez

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Ideas for Music Section 1.3

..it would require some tags to know that the song is not a real song, but instead some audio book for example.
    Not really... It could be done automatically: Tracks which are longer than (for example) 10minutes are started from the last position.

OR: Every track is started from last position without a question. If i don't want that, i have to press the play button again. Just add an option to activate/deactivate this feature in the configuration tool.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread