Not open for further replies.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Something REALLY annoying is when you try to get some Artist/Album data and you end up with a result that has no info, or very little (what Wikipedia refers to as a "stump" ). If you click UPDATE the same results are used again without any chance to do a new search. If possible, would it be possible to filter out these empty results?

Emph

Cruzer

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Something REALLY annoying is when you try to get some Artist/Album data and you end up with a result that has no info, or very little (what Wikipedia refers to as a "stump" ). If you click UPDATE the same results are used again without any chance to do a new search. If possible, would it be possible to filter out these empty results?

Emph

I too hope that the get artist / album info gets fixed. It used to work some time back, but has been broken for quite a while. I'd settle for it just working again.

malte71

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hallo,

I would very much appreciate some sort of a (graphic) equalizer function in MP music section wich can be configured using the remote control "on the fly" while music is playing. Maybe with the possibility to save or invoke some presets.

I know there are ways using plugins but AFAIK these only work using MP config which is not really user friendly. Some users may have an equalizer in there AVR or amplifier but they are not as nice to control with the remote.

Best regards,
    malte71

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Jameson_uk

Do you have a list of the changes you currently plan to make to the music section between MP1.2 and MP1.3?

Which suggestions are "in" and which are "out"?

Thanks

Robbo100

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Hi Jameson_uk

Do you have a list of the changes you currently plan to make to the music section between MP1.2 and MP1.3?

Which suggestions are "in" and which are "out"?

Thanks

Robbo100

No. Nothing in or out yet. Will plan once 1.2 is out the door

Mr. V

Portal Pro
    September 15, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    All this time for making a music skin files for Streamed MP, i think i should have my 2 cents worth.

!!!!!!!Note: I love the music section of XBMC. My dream is to have MediaPortal function same and better. Well really all of MediaPortal is better than XBMC apart from some of the short comings in the music section of MediaPortal. I hope other community member’s suggestions and mine can come to life, to make this absolutely awesome!!!!!!!

Sorry if I’ve repeated anything, i haven’t read the rest of the forum.

1. Spinning CD art - works great, but basically needs more flexibility in the animations. Need the ability to add Boolean conditions to conditional animations. (Not really just for 1.3 music but will enable more possibilities in the whole skin and really awesome cdArt.)

2. Resume function

3. More music tags. So expose from the music database;
    Artist Info
    • strCompilations
    • strSingles
    • strMisc
    Album Info
    • strTracks

4. Rework Artist/Album info scrapper into a plugin. I assume this is a given at some point round 1.3 or after from your recent information in other posts.
    • Add script support
    • By default allmusic.com and LastFM.com support.
    • LastFM shout tag: A good addition or replacement to music rating.
    • Custom user music tags , so info downloaded in a custom script can be linked to a custom music tag i.e.#artistinfo.custom1, #albuminfo.custom2
    • Batch download
    • Artist/Album Info editor
    • Skin support for artist/album info select, delete, edit, change download source.

5. Improve LED VU.
    • Allow more images in line with the refresh rate. So the skinner can choose to create up to a maximum of 60 images
    • More bands if possible. So turn the VU into a graphics equalizer display, just like WinAmp.

6. Integrate Mylyrics plugin into now playing.

7. Integrate Global Search Plugin as a screen and a dialog.

8. Default directory for cdArt and music Clearart.

9. Include Milkdrop in MediaPortal Install as the default visualization, but ensure cover art and tag information overlays are possible. (Surely if XBMC can do it MediaPortal can too.
    -

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    !!!!!!!Note: I love the music section of XBMC. My dream is to have MediaPortal function same and better. Well really all of MediaPortal is better than XBMC apart from some of the short comings in the music section of MediaPortal. I hope other community member’s suggestions and mine can come to life, to make this absolutely awesome!!!!!!!
    What is it you love about it? I keep trying it but I seem to hate it... the inflexibility just drives me mad... (perhaps I have not delved deep enough but would be interested in what you think MP is lacking compared to XBMC)

1. Spinning CD art - works great, but basically needs more flexibility in the animations. Need the ability to add Boolean conditions to conditional animations. (Not really just for 1.3 music but will enable more possibilities in the whole skin and really awesome cdArt.)
    I have mentioned this to one of the people who knows about the skin engine. Perhaps we can have a new animation based on when something changes so will see about that in 1.3

2. Resume function
    Resume from what? What you close MP it will re-open with the same playlist as you had before (although will probably loose your place).

3. More music tags. So expose from the music database;
    Artist Info
    • strCompilations
    • strSingles
    • strMisc
    Album Info
    • strTracks
    Did not realise these were actually missing :oops:

4. Rework Artist/Album info scrapper into a plugin. I assume this is a given at some point round 1.3 or after from your recent information in other posts.
    • Add script support
    • By default allmusic.com and LastFM.com support.
    • LastFM shout tag: A good addition or replacement to music rating.
    • Custom user music tags , so info downloaded in a custom script can be linked to a custom music tag i.e.#artistinfo.custom1, #albuminfo.custom2
    • Batch download
    • Artist/Album Info editor
    • Skin support for artist/album info select, delete, edit, change download source.
    Certainly scraping needs some attention

5. Improve LED VU.
    • Allow more images in line with the refresh rate. So the skinner can choose to create up to a maximum of 60 images
    • More bands if possible. So turn the VU into a graphics equalizer display, just like WinAmp.
    I think it is more fundamental that this. I just don't think the VU is capable of working as an actual EQ display due to limitations in the skin engine :(

6. Integrate Mylyrics plugin into now playing.

7. Integrate Global Search Plugin as a screen and a dialog.
    We will not integrate the plugins but I might look at implementing lyric and better search functionality.

8. Default directory for cdArt and music Clearart.
    This is skin related really. I don't see the need for a default directory? If a plugin wants to use these it could create a folder but not sure there is a need to add a default folder?

9. Include Milkdrop in MediaPortal Install as the default visualization, but ensure cover art and tag information overlays are possible. (Surely if XBMC can do it MediaPortal can too.
    We don't ship milkdrop as my understanding is that the license prevents us from doing so. I will look into it but I am fairly sure that we are unable to distribute it legally

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country

I am about to go on holiday for a bit in which time 1.2 RC should hopefully be out and then I can start looking at 1.3 :)

No priority on any of this but these are a few things I have down as ideas to look at (not saying any of this will get done just ideas I have)

• wasapi support
    • mka (ac3/dts ??) (latest version of taglib supports matroska)
    • now playing buttons
      • shuffle
      • repeat
      • turn on / off auto playlist
    • Change similar tracks to last.fm 2.0 API (top album tracks too ?)
    • Improve scraping (completely redesign ;))
    • Implement more logical views?? (simplified + advanced screen and include sorts and SQL filters ?)
    • search functionality
    • lyrics functionality
    • jukebox
    • add actual sort fields (now ID3 ??) into database
    • replay gain - needs reading from tags and storing in database (album and track)
    • shuffle all (select genre, artist , album etc then choose play in random order)

Possibly be lots more once I start looking and I get some more great ideas :)

So bring on more ideas and also have a think about which of the above you actually want.

Mr. V

Portal Pro
    September 15, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    What is it you love about it? I keep trying it but I seem to hate it... the inflexibility just drives me mad... (perhaps I have not delved deep enough but would be interested in what you think MP is lacking compared to XBMC)

Spinning CD Art, Batch import of music info with last fm support, Music video support (allthough the scraper hardly works), Mildrop, Vizulization overlays. But some of these features are underway if not already avaialble. (but not perfect)

Resume from what? What you close MP it will re-open with the same playlist as you had before (although will probably loose your place).

I was thinking resume a song from the last played position.

I think it is more fundamental that this. I just don't think the VU is capable of working as an actual EQ display due to limitations in the skin engine :(

Shame Really. At very least it would be great to increase the number of images to 60 if possible. Thbe VU at the moment just seems a bit to clunky.

This is skin related really. I don't see the need for a default directory? If a plugin wants to use these it could create a folder but not sure there is a need to add a default folder?

Ok. It work already. Thought it might be easier for the skinner if a tag was assigned. i.e. #selectedcdArt, #selectedCleartArt

We don't ship milkdrop as my understanding is that the license prevents us from doing so. I will look into it but I am fairly sure that we are unable to distribute it legally

I thought there was two ported version avaialble? The one XBMC uses (DirectX) and projectM(which only supports OpenGL, so may not be suitable)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country

I am about to go on holiday for a bit in which time 1.2 RC should hopefully be out and then I can start looking at 1.3 :)

No priority on any of this but these are a few things I have down as ideas to look at (not saying any of this will get done just ideas I have)

• wasapi support
    • mka (ac3/dts ??) (latest version of taglib supports matroska)
    • now playing buttons
      • shuffle
      • repeat
      • turn on / off auto playlist
    • Change similar tracks to last.fm 2.0 API (top album tracks too ?)
    • Improve scraping (completely redesign ;))
    • Implement more logical views?? (simplified + advanced screen and include sorts and SQL filters ?)
    • search functionality
    • lyrics functionality
    • jukebox
    • add actual sort fields (now ID3 ??) into database
    • replay gain - needs reading from tags and storing in database (album and track)
    • shuffle all (select genre, artist , album etc then choose play in random order)

Possibly be lots more once I start looking and I get some more great ideas :)

So bring on more ideas and also have a think about which of the above you actually want.

Are you SURE we can't tempt you into adding multi-room playback via seperate clients to the list. I know it is a large task, but it would be really fantastic.

Come on Jameson_UK, you know you want to :D

Banter aside - thanks for all your effort with MP and I hope you enjoy your well deserved holiday!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread