Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: AW: Ideas for Music Section 1.3

Tagging

I think you should be able to tag the playing Song. And this should be save in the List. Now you can only save it for IRC. Because you hear a song on the radio, and see the Artist and Titel, but you can't save it.
    At the time i take my< Smartphoe with Shazam and save the track, but why is it not implement in Mediaportal. I think it is not too difficult for the developer ?!

MP is designed for playback of music not organising it. This sort of thing is much better handled by other software (MEDIAPORTAL - MPTagThat: Tag Your Music ;)). I do not propose any changes to do with this (there are more pressing things to do first)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    * Support for online data grabbing with script support like Moving Pictures for localization

This would be awesome!!! +1

We could use Last.fm as the information source as it has many artist information in many different language. What do you think?

Thanks for your work jameson and best regards,

Aitor

Yep artist and album scraping will be something I will definitely be looking at for 1.3. Localised last.fm data is certainly something I am looking at closely (before someone mentions it again, I doubt I will look at Discogs as the data appears to be of poor quality)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    * Careful RegEx parser for "automatic" finding of artist/album-data from files with lack of proper ID3 tagging
    Think we have covered this. There are tools for doing this. Someone could implement this as a separate plugin but I have no plans for tagging within MP

When you see an album that has no cover or weird tags you click the Info/F9 and you can scan it. This will show a new screen that will show the Folder Name of the album as well as a list of possible matching albums (including Deluxe versions, re-masters etc) filtered to match the number of tracks in the album. If an album for example is available in a 1-disc as well as a 2-disc version, you will only be shown the 2-disc if you have the correct track count (an "ignore track count" option could be added). You select one option and the files from the folder in one column to the left, and the scaped song titles to the right so you can see for yourself that it's a positive match. You then have the option of selecting OK or Next result. If you choose Next result, the two columns will once again be shown until a match is found. Next step is to choose the album cover you want.
    Again this is related and could be done as a plugin but not something I am planning on doing.

Something that's really bugging me is that you CAN'T edit album covers inside MediaPortal. I have all of my music with embedded artwork, yet somehow MediaPortal is able to change them into something else. If it can't be done with automation, why not let the user choose?
    Not sure what you mean here. If set to use embedded artwork then that is what should be used.
    I will look at thumbs in 1.3 (0003456: Thumbs loading need overhaul in Music - MediaPortal Bugtracker) but I am not 100% sure what issue you are talking about

Playlist specific options:
    Playlists are a bit of a mess (and I have made them worse in 1.2 :mad:) This is for the greater good (in theory) of making other things work better. Playlist handling is one of my top priorities for 1.3

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Ideas for Music Section 1.3

Tagging

I think you should be able to tag the playing Song. And this should be save in the List. Now you can only save it for IRC. Because you hear a song on the radio, and see the Artist and Titel, but you can't save it.
    At the time i take my< Smartphoe with Shazam and save the track, but why is it not implement in Mediaportal. I think it is not too difficult for the developer ?!

MP is designed for playback of music not organising it. This sort of thing is much better handled by other software (MEDIAPORTAL - MPTagThat: Tag Your Music ;)). I do not propose any changes to do with this (there are more pressing things to do first)

Yes an organising of music is not so important, because I do this with other Software. But Saving the playing Song to a list, would be a nice feature. When I hear it on the radio. So I have a list with the songs, that I would be buy and add them to Mediaportal

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Ideas for Music Section 1.3

Yes an organising of music is not so important, because I do this with other Software. But Saving the playing Song to a list, would be a nice feature. When I hear it on the radio. So I have a list with the songs, that I would be buy and add them to Mediaportal
    But I am confused then. If you hear a song on the radio, how is MP meant to know about it? Are you talking about web radio?

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Ideas for Music Section 1.3

Oh sorry, my explaining was not so good. Yes I mean the Web-Radio like Radiotime oder the Shoutcast plugin. When the radio station support this, you can see the artist and title. This I would I like to save in a list.

Cruzer

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I would like to voice my desire for multiroom support. This would be totally awesome!

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    How about adding "double-clicking" to the playlist creation mode? So if you click Play the track is added as Next in the current playlist, if you click OK the track is added as the last track. If you double-click a track with Play button the track plays immediately. If you double-click a track with the OK button a "Play controls" information window will pop up. You close this by pressing OK once more.

The best option though would be to add these commands to the remote section of MediaPortal so users can set their music buttons up EXACTLY as they themselves prefer. Of course a double-click timeout setting should be added as well.

Emph

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    The best option though would be to add these commands to the remote section of MediaPortal so users can set their music buttons up EXACTLY as they themselves prefer. Of course a double-click timeout setting should be added as well.

Double clicking is really a bad when it comes to usability on remote control. It is unintuitive and all remotes have own key delays. Not user friendly at all (even double click with mouse is hard for some users :)).

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Ideas for Music Section 1.3

When I hear it on the radio. So I have a list with the songs, that I would be buy and add them to Mediaportal

This is a really specific use case and shouldn't be added to MP itself but instead this is something for a 3rd party background / process plugin to handle.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread