Import moving pictures DB (1 Viewer)

jona78

Portal Pro
May 4, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi All

Any news regarding 5.2?
I am keen to test the possibility on utilizing my Moving Pictures library within myfilms and have some spare time to do so this evening if possible?

Many Thanks

z3us

Portal Pro
December 4, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
Do you have many films? The year or the imdb id is in the filename?
Maybe you could perform a new scan using amc updater. One of my favorite features of myfilms is the ability of creating a extremely customized database, not like moving pictures

jona78

Portal Pro
May 4, 2010
Home Country
I have over a thousand films but found with AMC updater as with moving pictures they require a significant amount of manual input, such as missing backdrops, certifications and run times. It took me an eternity to input all this info into my moving pictures database and I was keen not to have to repeat the process with myfilms plugin.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
Hi jona78 - I moved your post to this thread, where others had already asked the same question.

There is a possibility to convert Moving Pictures DB to a My Films/AMC catalog - see My Films Wiki FAQ entry Moving Pictures Conversion

BUT - the MovingPicturesXML catalog type is not enabled in v5.1 - it will be in v5.2. AFAIK the MovingPicturesXML process plugin is still working. Once Guzzi posts a test release for 5.2 in a week or so, perhaps you guys would be willing to test it out and see if it works for you?

Hi Dadeo,

It seems this plugin isn't working properly with MP1.2 https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...g-pictures-movie-list-html-55034/index32.html

Is this likely to be fixed soon, or is there an alternative/better way to merge a MovingPictures DB with an AMC one?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: Import moving pictures DB

Hi jona78 - I moved your post to this thread, where others had already asked the same question.

There is a possibility to convert Moving Pictures DB to a My Films/AMC catalog - see My Films Wiki FAQ entry Moving Pictures Conversion

BUT - the MovingPicturesXML catalog type is not enabled in v5.1 - it will be in v5.2. AFAIK the MovingPicturesXML process plugin is still working. Once Guzzi posts a test release for 5.2 in a week or so, perhaps you guys would be willing to test it out and see if it works for you?

Hi Dadeo,

It seems this plugin isn't working properly with MP1.2 https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...g-pictures-movie-list-html-55034/index32.html

Is this likely to be fixed soon, or is there an alternative/better way to merge a MovingPictures DB with an AMC one?
    I just did a quick test with the version of MoPiXML I used for testing the filter in september and it works here without problems.
    Re interoperability: I would say either XML (via MoPiXML) or nfo files - just for info: latest AMCupdater can create (extended) nfo files - but I still haven't finished the nfo grabber script completely. Via nfo files you could also get data from other apps, when they support nfo types (e.g. EMM etc.).

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Re: Import moving pictures DB

I just did a quick test with the version of MoPiXML I used for testing the filter in september and it works here without problems. Re interoperability: I would say either XML (via MoPiXML) or nfo files - just for info: latest AMCupdater can create (extended) nfo files - but I still haven't finished the nfo grabber script completely. Via nfo files you could also get data from other apps, when they support nfo types (e.g. EMM etc.).

Thanks, I'll give MoPiXML a go then.

DanielUrban

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there a version of MovingPicturesXML for the new 1.3 beta of MP?

Users who are viewing this thread