MP2 - V2.1 in WMC Skin after MP start no focus (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    When I start MP2 i have no focus for using a keyboard. When I use the mouse to scroll and select an item it works afterwards

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can't confirm this at my side, however, some first bug-fixes were pushed internally, which I installed yesterday. So your findings may well apply to 2.1pre, but would already be fixed.
    @ge2301 , can you check your 2.1pre for this situation please?

My findings with our latest test internal test build:
    • So I changed the skin from BV to WMC and closed MP2 on the client. When starting MP2, WMC comes up with "Pictures" in focus and I can immediately navigate with the arrow keys on the keyboard.
    • I then rebooted the machine, launched MP2-Client and got the same result
    Provided it works for @ge2301 there is probably some other application on your machine that is stealing the focus. If you can't identify it yourself, you can use the in-built MP2 diagnostics for such cases. In your German system go to Einstellungen/Allgemein/System/Fehlerdiagnose and activate Fokusverlust protokollieren.

At this moment the change of log level is only temporary and reset to INFO upon restart of the client. For your situation you will need to set this permanently. Please refer to the Wiki for details how to do this. Then launch the MP2 client again.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can confirm the problem, I have it in 75% of the MP2 starts. @Brownard tried to debug it, but couldn't because the debug logs cause a larger delay during startup and the problem is not reproducable. Anyhow I hope we can find a solution, because it's a huge bug. I'd directly uninstall MP2, if I won't know a measure to get the focus back.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can confirm the problem, I have it in 75% of the MP2 starts.
    It also happens on MP1 from time to time, although not very frequently. In such cases I need to Alt-Tab to get MP focused.

Next time this happens can you please press Alt-F4 on the keyboard - no other key, no mouse movement. The application that currently has the focus should now close or display a dialogue. This way we may be able to find work-arounds.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It also happens on MP1 from time to time, although not very frequently. In such cases I need to Alt-Tab to get MP focused.

Next time this happens can you please press Alt-F4 on the keyboard - no other key, no mouse movement. The application that currently has the focus should now close or display a dialogue. This way we may be able to find work-arounds.
    The problem is that the server is not ready, so all server related home tiles are missing. It happens in all skins of MP2. Pressing ESCAPE once is enough.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hm - yes - about 50% of the time it works, didn't see any trigger when it won't get a focus ... :(

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ok - at least fror my installation I found what is causing this. I'm running shoko server (jmmserver) also on this machine - as soon as the server is not minimized to the taskbar the focus is lost when starting MP2. The serverconsole is normaly hidden in the taskbar - so it only happens when you do it like "rightclick -> show console" then teh taskbar Icon gets active without showing teh console itself - in this state MP2 looses the focus:

upload_2017-1-8_11-40-13.png
    Taskbar Icon is not active

Now Taskbar Icon is active but GUI is not open

upload_2017-1-8_11-41-19.png

-> Focus lost when starting MP2

with the gui window open everything works fine:

upload_2017-1-8_11-42-13.png

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @pur_berger could you try the new debug feature?

It's under "Allgemein"->"System"->"Fehlerdiagnosed"
    upload_2017-1-8_11-45-19.png

When activated the application log contain such entries:
    [2017-01-08 11:45:51,620] [111676 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - ActivationMonitor: WM_ACTIVATE: 0 / 0
    [2017-01-08 11:45:51,630] [111686 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - ActivationMonitor: Handle 0, Title '', App: 'C:\Windows\explorer.exe'
    [2017-01-08 11:45:51,634] [111690 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - ActivationMonitor: WM_ACTIVATEAPP: 0 / 7832
    [2017-01-08 11:45:51,638] [111694 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - ActivationMonitor: Handle 7832, App: 'C:\Windows\explorer.exe'

Unfortunately the settings is not yet persisted and needs to be enabled after restart, so I'm not sure if this helps :(

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The problem is that it only happens when I start MP2. After the first time this issue doesn't come up again ... but here are the logs anyway (tried it several times today ...)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread