initial support for Hauppuage HD-PVR (1 Viewer)

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi Sam,
    Are you getting audio in MP now with the RC4 version?

Here are a few threads that may help you along the way...

I dont use the blasters, I use serial cables. But for blaster info, check this forum (Especially post #13) -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/newcomers-forum-240/using-hauppauge-ir-blaster-mp-49578/

I use schedulesdirect for my guide data. Its is VERY simple to set up, but costs $20.00 per year to subscribe. For more on Schedules direct check this forum -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...mexico-epg-plugin-updated-10-01-2007-a-26951/

sshirley2000

Portal Member
    January 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi Sam,
    Are you getting audio in MP now with the RC4 version?

Here are a few threads that may help you along the way...

I dont use the blasters, I use serial cables. But for blaster info, check this forum (Especially post #13) -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/newcomers-forum-240/using-hauppauge-ir-blaster-mp-49578/

I use schedulesdirect for my guide data. Its is VERY simple to set up, but costs $20.00 per year to subscribe. For more on Schedules direct check this forum -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...mexico-epg-plugin-updated-10-01-2007-a-26951/
    Hi Wile E.,

At the moment I can't watch live TV, so I don't know if I have audio in MP.

How do you use serial cables in conjunction with the HD-PVR?

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Hi Sam,
    I have two DirecTV receivers hooked to my HTPC via serial ports. The MP software changes the channel directly on the STB, bypassing the HD-PVR. Remember, the HD-PVR is not a tuner, it just receives the audio & video and transcodes it to H.264 for viewing/recording.

There are step by step instructions on this forum (Look at post #3 https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/get-support-90/serial-channel-changer-directv-43748/)

Wile E.

garry

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2005
    California
    Home Country
    Support for the HD-PVR is in the latest SVN source. I'm not sure if it is in the latest build.

It is mostly my code with some minor changes and some quality control code added. I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if the quality control does not work - looks like it is the exact same same code as the "regular" Hauppuage analog cards.

sshirley2000

Portal Member
    January 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Support for the HD-PVR is in the latest SVN source. I'm not sure if it is in the latest build.

It is mostly my code with some minor changes and some quality control code added. I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if the quality control does not work - looks like it is the exact same same code as the "regular" Hauppuage analog cards.
    I tried the quality control tab and I can tell you that it doesn't work. But you're getting there. :)

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    I found out how to programmatically set the HD-PVR bitrate here, I'll get it working and submit a patch to the dev team sometime soon.

Super Garry! So the default avg. is 9 and the default max bitrate is currently set to the max? I wonder what the default bit rate mode would be set?

:D again Garry for continuing to make MP better for the HD-PVR users!

garry

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2005
    California
    Home Country
    Turns out the latest SVN code doesn't work with the HD-PVR at all. I'll figure out why, submit another patch to the dev team, then get back on the quality control stuff.

Dale#1976

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Dale,
    Normally if one client can see the server, all can see the server. I have three Vista clients running and havent encountered any issues (with connectivity at least :) .) Im not sure how the ZoneAlarm firewall works, but when you set it up on the server did you specify which client's could connect, by IP address maybe? When you set up the MP client on Vista, did you specifiy the server by host name or IP address? Is it set up the same as your XP client?

Whenever I set up a vista machine the two things I do first is turn off the UAC and disable the firewall completely (I turn off the firewall so I can do file sharing, makes my life much easier.) I dont think either of those should be causing your issue, but it would be worth a try...

Wile E.

Hi Wile E.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've got my desktop XP system working with my server, which is also running XP. The one I can't get to work is my HP Notebook which is running Vista. Even when I turn off the firewalls on both ends I can't get the Vista system to communicate with the XP TV server.

What is and how do you 'turn off the UAC'?

Has anyone got a Vista system working with a XP TV server? Saw someone else saying they were having the same problem.

I have a dual processor server but it still seems to studder if I'm recording a program while watching another one. It's usually pretty good for the first half hour but after that it starts to studder and gets worse as the movie goes on.

Do we need quad processors to record in HD while watching another recorded HD program?

Everyone here has been really GREAT. Thanks Wile E. for all your assistance and thanks Gary for taking the time to get the HD PVR working with MP.

Dale

sjeffrey

Portal Pro
    August 22, 2008
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    What is and how do you 'turn off the UAC'?

UAC is that annoying popup you get requesting permission in Vista when you do just about anything...
    Refer to here to find how to turn it off:
    Disable User Account Control in Windows Vista

I have a dual processor server but it still seems to studder if I'm recording a program while watching another one. It's usually pretty good for the first half hour but after that it starts to studder and gets worse as the movie goes on.

Do we need quad processors to record in HD while watching another recorded HD program?

I doubt the processor is your issue. Recordings are in TS format which is not compressed like divx or MKV files are. Compressed video formats are usually what require more CPU power. The problem is that recordings can get pretty big, which in turn means that it needs to write heavily to hard drive.
    Your bottleneck is probably the harddrive and not the cpu. Perhaps you could record to one drive and watch recordings on a different drive? Of course that would mean that you would need to move your recordings to a 2nd drive once completed but you could do that when your PC is idle.

Also could be worth while to see how much CPU is being used when it stutters. It might be that you are not using hardware acceleration. Have you confirmed that HA is used?

I also in the process of troubleshooting stuttering issues, but mine are as I change channels and I believe only on HD channels.

Stephane

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom