Installing Fonts

Discussion in 'Skins and Plugins Installer (MPEI)' started by rsparey, September 10, 2007.

1. rsparey

rsparey Portal Pro

Product Designer
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can the MPI be used to install font's to the windows font directory?

Thanks in advance

Rich

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. dukus

dukus Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +371 / 0
    Home Country:
    Romania Romania
    Only if you make a internal plugin, and in this plugin you make a procedure when the installation done copy a specified file to windows directory

• Like Like x 1
  4. rsparey

rsparey Portal Pro

Product Designer
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for the reply Dukus, I am not a programmer, so writing a plugin is out of the question for me :( Is there any chance that MPI will be able to install font's in the future? I would like to use MPI to install my foofaraw skin, but would need to install fonts, also I have had a program created that allows the end user to change the background for their skin, I would like to create a shortcut to this exe file in the start menu...

I can acheive all this using the foofaraw install msi , but it would be much better if all skins used your mpi...

Thanks

Rich

5. dukus

dukus Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +371 / 0
    Home Country:
    Romania Romania
    Now you able to include system fonts in mpi, but use with care, not really tested

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!