[Question] iPad&iPhone Support (1 Viewer)

tringler

Portal Pro
July 19, 2009
Fürth
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

what a great plugin!
Are there plans to get support for Apple devices like iPhone or iPad?
I'm not able to play content via Frash (Flash for iOS) on iDevices.
I'm getting the error:

Code:
_abort() food.c:43

Thanks, Tom

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
January 21, 2010
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
For iPhone there is an app called CouchPotato, at the moment it only acts like an remote, but is supposed to do more in future.

For iPad there is no real solution yet, but a big one is up on the horizon - EVE

tringler

Portal Pro
July 19, 2009
Fürth
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thanks! But a remote control app for 2,99€. I have iPimp and it's working very well :)

...but the answer is not relating to MPExtended, right? But at all, Thank your for your help.

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
January 21, 2010
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
Well, didn't see that this was in MPEtended Forum....but nevertheless it is related to it.

Both Apps need MPExtended installed on your machine, MPExtended itself is just a door into MP, but you need some application to use it.
I guess you have been using MPExtended Webmediaportal so far, which is one of those programs.

tringler

Portal Pro
July 19, 2009
Fürth
Home Country
Germany Germany
I'm sure, iPimp itself is a plugin which don't need MPExtended, but whatever there isn't it anything what is supporting my iPad :(

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Streaming support for iOS needs either another developer, enough people donating to me or patience. I would like to have this feature, but I'm already busy enough and as I won't use it myself, it isn't high on my priority list.

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You are right, but iPimp is basically the same as Webmediaportal, it's a webserver. But in contrast to WMP iPimp is no longer developed.
    Maybe WMP will support iOS devices in future, but with EVE you will have an app that connects to MPExtended and will give you the same possibilities like WMP but wihtout the need to use safari and it's visual limitations.
    So on the iPad you probably won't use a more or less boring Website to remote access your HTPC but a fancy looking App like EVE. Same goes for iPhone.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    True, but whether you use WebMP or EVE, you'll still need to have iOS streaming in the service to get it working...

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    True...what does it have to do with more money donated? Is there the possibility to buy such a solution?

Users who are viewing this thread