iPiMP 5.1.0 is released (1 Viewer)

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Re: Re : Re: Re : iPiMP 5.1.0 is released

@mardup - can you read the troubleshooting section of the wiki and post some logs

Thanks for the reply

here the logs

You haven't got your MediaPortal log and MediaPortal error.log included. Ensure your MediaPortal logging level is set to debug, start MP, recreate the issue, then post the logs again please.

thermionic

Portal Member
March 26, 2007
London
Home Country
Re: Re : iPiMP 5.1.0 is released

It worked perfectly over WiFi for at least 2 minute when I was at home on Friday, the 7 seconds is over 3G or over ADSL connected WiFi elsewhere. I'll take a look at processor utilisation when I'm next at home, just in case that's the problem, hopefully a dual core Opteron 1.8 should have enough grunt...

Bandwidth will be less of an issue after next Friday, as I should have ~10mb upstream :)

I might have been imagining it, but I though that streaming didn't show up unless recorder was switched on.

ulischultz

Portal Pro
September 16, 2009
Munich
Home Country
Germany Germany
This is such a great app to anhance MP!
Thanks for all your work!
Do you think, it would be possible to also get a web-interface for a big-screen device with a better EPG-Overview?
Something like this:
mp-web-interface - Project Hosting on Google Code
Then we could use iPiMP as a general Web-Interface for all devices... Not only for iPhone! ;)
Thanks again for your great work so far!

I have one problem...
If I want to look at the overview of my recordings, I always get an error...
Is this a problem, that MP 1.2.0 alpha is not yet supported? I think something changed at the database in this version...

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country

~10mb upstream :)
:eek::mad::eek::mad::eek::mad::eek::mad::eek::mad::eek::mad::eek::mad::eek::mad::eek::mad::eek::mad::eek::mad::eek::mad:

I might have been imagining it, but I though that streaming didn't show up unless recorder was switched on.

For streaming TV Channel/program & recordings you need to have the watcher role.

For streaming TV Series episode there is no role check at the mo (but there will be in 5.1.1)

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
Do you think, it would be possible to also get a web-interface for a big-screen device with a better EPG-Overview?

I'd like that too - there is a rudimentary page which I knocked up a while ago in an attempt to look at this (/Desktop/Default.aspx)

But it needs a lot more work - and my focus has been on the smartphone interface.

There is also talk about consolidating all these web applications so we get a more coherent approach but there's not been much progress to date I think.

I have one problem...
Is this a problem, that MP 1.2.0 alpha is not yet supported? I think something changed at the database in this version...

It would help to see the error :) - can you read the troubleshooting section of the wiki and post some logs.

ulischultz

Portal Pro
September 16, 2009
Munich
Home Country
Germany Germany

I'd like that too - there is a rudimentary page which I knocked up a while ago in an attempt to look at this (/Desktop/Default.aspx)

But it needs a lot more work - and my focus has been on the smartphone interface.

There is also talk about consolidating all these web applications so we get a more coherent approach but there's not been much progress to date I think.

I have one problem...

It would help to see the error :) - can you read the troubleshooting section of the wiki and post some logs.

Ok, here is the error, that comes up, if I want to list my recordings in ipimp.
Attached also the logs like described in the wiki.
I hope, you can find something there...

!! FUBAR !!

Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

bei Website.RecordingsByDateList.RecordingMarkup(Recording recording) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\Recording\RecordingsByDateList.aspx.vb:Zeile 156. bei Website.RecordingsByDateList.DisplayRecordingsByDate(String wa, String period) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\Recording\RecordingsByDateList.aspx.vb:Zeile 103. bei Website.RecordingsByDateList.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Dev\vs2008\MediaPortal Universal Web Interface\Website\iPhone\Recording\RecordingsByDateList.aspx.vb:Zeile 65. bei System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) bei System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() bei System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

ulischultz

Portal Pro
September 16, 2009
Munich
Home Country
Germany Germany
I found out something more:
All my recordings are made with MP 1.1.1
If I do a recording with 1.2.0 alpha and then list my recordings in ipimp, only this new recording from 1.2.0 alpha is shown and no error message anymore.
So it looks like ipimp cannot handle the recordings of 1.1.1 and before if the server runs on 1.2.0 alpha.
I think they introduced something new in the database here...

webcris77

Portal Pro
October 31, 2008
Home Country
Italy Italy
And today my ADSL2+ won't sync above 730k upstream, which isn't quite enough :-(

Time to start tweaking the bandwidth...

I'm guessing that I'm either doing something wrong, or missing a step. I thought I had changed the bitrate and resolution as per the attached, but I'm still only getting ~7 seconds using the iPhone.

I also think I have found a small bug, if it changes to audio only, the stream appears to only be stopped by an Admin user, although it shows as stopped with a record and view user, the stream continues.

I've also got two feature request. The first is to be able to edit users, and the second is could there be a stream only user "permission".

Cheers

edit: Just tested with the flash player in Chrome, and it seems to play for much longer, occasionally pausing, but not reverting to audio only. Also just run a quick test downloading over the link using HTTP, and I'm getting ~600kbps of transfer, which I would have thought should be enough for 256k + 64k, unless I've missed something (which is very possible...)

Hi, i have the same issue, 600Kbps is not sufficient for 256K video + 64K audio...i have made some change in ffmpeg preset file without success...
I hope in god for the solution:sorry::sorry::sorry:

thermionic

Portal Member
March 26, 2007
London
Home Country

Streaming over WiFi is perfect, I'm averaging ~40% CPU utilisation, but the issue is bandwidth, although its averaging ~600kb/s I've seen it peak as high as 1.2mb/s

Reading the ffmpeg command line in config.xml I don't understand how/why I'm seeing this much bandwidth use...

Cheers

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
In the ffmpeg command try changing

Code:
-s 480x272 -aspect 480:272

to

Code:
-s 420x272

and replace C:\Program Files\iPiMP\Utilities\ffmpeg\ffpresets.libx264-iPiMP.preset with the attached one

This will essentially revert any ffmpeg parameter changes between 5.0.0 and 5.1.0.

That said it is a different version of ffmpeg which can't be rolled back due.

Let us know if this makes any difference.

Attachments

• libx264-iPiMP.zip
    310 bytes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom