winniwinter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2009
    Freiburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: iPiMP 5.1.0 is released

I think when you install the client you are able to set the expiration time of your login. I don't know if you can change it in the configuration plugin. Maybe you have to change a config file directly

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ipimp works great even on Windows 2008 R2 , however.. only SD channels work perfectly..

I have some streaming trouble (temp loss of video) while audio continues, with HD channels.
    the same thing happens when streaming a recorded HD show , so something cant keep up the pace ?

when it has been recorded, and you play the converted mp4 file , it has no trouble at all.

or i get an error(sometimes) file/url not found after the 20sec delay to start streaming and pressing play .

Is this a known issue ?

keep it up , will donate and you will probably have more windows2008 users since i made a post in my how to install MP on 2008 post

Olli0815

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 22, 2006
    I am on Win 7 - but have the same issues with HD (only 1080i) - even with the tweaks in config file: reducing bitstream to 96k and audio to 32k / 44100, increase buffersize, try different presets...i played around with all ffmpeg parameters in config, but still no luck with HD (via wifi). My "Feeling" says it is related to the buffer: the played stream seams to overtaking the streamed media...and than the dropouts starts - pause, wait a few seconds and play again "catches" it up again - for 3 min....and so on...

Does anyone have an idea or better solution?

Olli

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I am on Win 7 - but have the same issues with HD (only 1080i) - even with the tweaks in config file: reducing bitstream to 96k and audio to 32k / 44100, increase buffersize, try different presets...i played around with all ffmpeg parameters in config, but still no luck with HD (via wifi). My "Feeling" says it is related to the buffer: the played stream seams to overtaking the streamed media...and than the dropouts starts - pause, wait a few seconds and play again "catches" it up again - for 3 min....and so on...

Does anyone have an idea or better solution?

Olli

no solution ... SD stuff works perfectly ...

I watched the resources in use when streaming SD or HD... there is no difference..

ffmpeg only uses 12% of my cpu power .. there is no 64 bit version .. its all 32 bit..

on my system i dont care if it uses 50% .. we need a tweaked ffmpeg i guess :D

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have some streaming trouble (temp loss of video) while audio continues, with HD channels.
    the same thing happens when streaming a recorded HD show , so something cant keep up the pace ?

when it has been recorded, and you play the converted mp4 file , it has no trouble at all.

or i get an error(sometimes) file/url not found after the 20sec delay to start streaming and pressing play .

Is this a known issue ?

The streaming involves 3 components ...
    1. TV Server (for live TV) - or a file (recording, tv series)
    2. Custom build of FFMpeg with Fragmented MP4 support
    3. CodeShop's SmoothStreaming Apache module

The TV Server stream (or recorded file) is the ffmpeg input, the ffmpeg output is HTTP POSTed to the Apache module, so it's likely that either ffmpeg or the apache module is struggling. My money would be on ffmpeg not transcoding quickly enough and the extra data in an HD source is the issue. When you try this could you look at your CPU and see how much is being used by the ffmpeg and httpd (Apache) processes.

Also post your Apache error.log (from C:\Program Files\iPiMP\Apache\logs), that'll contain ffmpeg output logs which may help.

A converted MP4 file is OK because the transcoding is done at leisure and watched later as for file not found, that's probably an error in starting ffmpeg, this would be in the Apache error.log.

Finally - you could try the ffmpeg -r parameter, see here.

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Olli,

maybe we can help cheezy , by supplying any logfiles he needs (if he wants too ? )

I did find another encoder option , its open source aswell and seems blazingly fast if you want to believe the adverts :D

VideoLAN - x264, the best H.264/AVC encoder

dont know if it is possible to integrate it in ipimp .. .. .. .. or even if its suitable ...

but someone did build a x64 version of it ... download here..

Getting the latest x264

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you're running iPiMP 5.1.0.xxxx with MP 1.1.x the you should update the ffmpeg & smoothstreamong components as described here.

These updates are included in the iPiMP 5.2.0.xxxx for MP 1.2.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom