iPiMP 5.1.0 is released (1 Viewer)

Olli0815

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 22, 2006
    and as we are are talking about the transcoding to mp4 plugin...after the whole config and (re, re-installation) i got the following error message within the errorlog:

View attachment 79934

it worked before for long time ...and i can remember i use cmd to set the path for mp4 targets..is there a parameter to set up the source path? It seems to be "cut".

Olli

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2005
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Amazing plugin, just getting to grips with it now and please please do not remove the mp4 transcoding facility. I find this very useful as I can transfer recorded shows onto my iPhone and play them later.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Amazing plugin, just getting to grips with it now and please please do not remove the mp4 transcoding facility. I find this very useful as I can transfer recorded shows onto my iPhone and play them later.

IF I do remove it from the iPiMP install and web app, I would still maintain it as a separate TV Server plugin, so no worries there. As a matter of interest do you transcode all your recordings via the plugin or do you select individual recordings in iPiMP and transcode them individually?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    and as we are are talking about the transcoding to mp4 plugin...after the whole config and (re, re-installation) i got the following error message within the errorlog:

View attachment 79934

it worked before for long time ...and i can remember i use cmd to set the path for mp4 targets..is there a parameter to set up the source path? It seems to be "cut".

Olli

What are you doing to get this error? It is a weird one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Olli0815

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 22, 2006
    After re-install i have to use the advanced Option to install - the all in One Option causes an Error and the iPIMP Services could Not Be started...
    So i installed the Web stuff First and the transcode stuff later...
    i always had some Trouble with Installation, because i Record and transcode to NAS ...both Services Run under a NAS User ...everything was fine..later on...
    But now it Looks like the Source Path for recordings will Not Be passed to handbreak...is there any Chance to change it in a config file?? Or via cmd?

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    After re-install i have to use the advanced Option to install - the all in One Option causes an Error and the iPIMP Services could Not Be started...
    So i installed the Web stuff First and the transcode stuff later...
    i always had some Trouble with Installation, because i Record and transcode to NAS ...both Services Run under a NAS User ...everything was fine..later on...
    But now it Looks like the Source Path for recordings will Not Be passed to handbreak...is there any Chance to change it in a config file?? Or via cmd?

The iPiMPweb service runs as local system so may not have permissions to your NAS share, you could try changing the identity of the iPiMPweb service to one which you know has NAS access and try that.

Olli0815

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 22, 2006
    I already did - Run As...and restart

...Never mind - if there is no quick solution...i will do a fresh setup with beta & your upcoming Version in 2 weeks ;-)

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

A better way than using RunAs is to load up the services control panel (start/run/services.msc), double click the iPimp service, and select the Logon tab. From there change the Local System Account to be the account that can access the NAS.

Restart the HTPC or the service and try that.

J.

Cheezey,

Amongst the 1000000 of other features/changes you are working on, have you remembered anything around how the Clientcontroller "pings" the server? I still get dropped frames on my HTPC (single seat) when this currently happens :(

I have tried different network drivers with no joy. I am about to try a different NIC.

Thanks,

J.

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    I'm having the same issue, as my recordings are on my NAS. Having run handbrake directly it says it does not support UNC paths, changed my NAS to a Mapped Network drive for the recordings folder and Handbrake could transcode directly in the program then.

Need to go back and fiddle with MP & iPIMP now to see if I can get it working there...

Awesome plugin btw :)

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2005
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi there, I transcode everything, it happens at 2 am so computer is idle anyways. This is because my wife and I both take files away with us to view later on our phones. I appreciate that we could stream or watch them via this plugin but I would use that as a "plan b" simply because my data plans are limited and why use up data if I can just copy the file to the phone.

In NZ the DVB-T channels use a bitrate and format that is beyond the capabilities of the iPhone 4 to play and/or beyond the server to transcode on the fly and stream. That's also why everything needs to be trancoded first when the server is quiet. If the transcoding option was removed ipimp didnt offer to use the transcoded files then effectively I wouldn't be able to use it.

I also have dvb-s channels that I record and these do not need to be transcoded however I have found a problem with them. Some of my DVB-s channels are combined with DVB-t channels. For example TV One is available on both formats, I have 2 groups of channels satellite and terrestial. If i use ipimp and open the satellite group and try to stream the tv one dvb-s channel it will actually try to stream the dvb-t channel.

I presume this is because the dvb-t card has a higher priority in the server, but could we force ipimp to use the dvb-s version of the channel?

Also if I select to not transcode and exclude channels from the satellite group it will also fail to transcode any channels that are combined e.g. Tv one which will have been recorded as a dvb-t channel does not get transcoded because it is also in the database as a dvb-s channel.

I hope the above helps u to improve what is a great plugin.

Cheers
    m

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom