1.29.0 IPTV does not consistently connect. Mediaportal client times out before Tv Server establishes timeshifting? (1 Viewer)

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm not sure exactly when this started, I've been dealing with it for a while until I had time to troubleshoot it. I'm pretty sure it was present in 1.27 Final, definitely in 1.28 pre-release. It appears to me from the logs that the TV server takes a little longer to establish the connection and the client times out, throwing an "Unknown error occurred". Meanwhile, it seems the server continues on connecting? If I immediately try again to connect, I usually get a "No tuner available" error. Which shouldn't happen because I have two iptv tuners allocated. I think when the "unknown error" occurs, it is somehow locking both tuners. The logs show an initial HTTP redirect (302) to another URL so, that might have something to do with the locking of both tuners. So, my first question is, can I modify the timeout on the MediaPortal client? And secondly, could someone take a look at my logs to see if I'm on the right track? Thanks! Oh, one other thing, this is primarily a problem when resuming or from a reboot but, it does happens at other times too, just not nearly as often though.

Attachments

• MediaPortal.log
      131.8 KB
    • MediaPortal-Error.log
      499 bytes
    • MPIPTVSource.log
      81.3 KB
    • streaming server.Log
      1.1 KB
    • TsWriter.log
      15 KB
    • TVService.log
      74.2 KB
    • TVService-Error.log
      418 bytes

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    at first glance it doesn't have anything to do with the client:
    in tvservice.log:
    Code:
    [2021-07-04 13:09:28,774] [Log    ] [13       ] [DEBUG] - WaitForPMT: Timed out waiting for PMT after 10.0007489 seconds. Increase the PMT timeout value?
    are you sure you are getting correct data from your stream?

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    I was thinking that the client timed out because it displayed the error two seconds earlier. I probably made a false assumption about that.
    It could be problems with the data, I'm running behind a VPN and occasionally get routing problems and have to change servers. Funny, as I was writing up the problem yesterday, I could duplicate the issue easily. Right now I can't get it to fail at all, and I'm trying really hard to do so. :confused: It's probably not a mediaportal issue. I was hoping that if it was the client timing out, there might be something I could adjust to make it wait a little longer though.

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    I think I have a better way of showing what is happening I just turned on the TV from sleeping and then opened the guide to select one of my IPTV channels. After a few seconds, the client throws an "Unknown Error" and then nothing more. As you can see in the mediaportal attachment, on the left side there is nothing playing. On the right side, is my external media player, playing the timeshift file from the connected server which should be showing on the client. (and that is also why I get the "No tuner available" after I try again two times.) I just looked and the timeshifting file is still going even after I wrote this response lol.

*** Edit: Not limited to IPTV although it happens more often there. I just duplicated the same scenario as above in this post on a regular ATSC channel. I was going to edit the thread title to reflect that but I don't see a way to do that?

Attachments

• timeshift.PNG
      timeshift.PNG
      13.6 KB
    • mediaportal.PNG
      mediaportal.PNG
      1.6 MB
    Last edited:

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    Well, for the last month I've been testing various versions since my last post and in my testing I saw the following:

Ver. 1.26 works really well, it waits a sufficient amount of time for the stream to be detected and I have yet to find it locking both of my tuners and not allowing me to change channels. And when there is a channel down for some reason I get a proper error "Program / Channel Not Found"

Ver. 1.27 works the same, except that it does seem to be a little slower at tuning. Not much but noticeable.

Ver. 1.28 (and also Ver. 1.29 pre) is where I start getting errors about "Unable to Start the Timeshift Buffer" and "Unknown Error". It also times out significantly faster than the previous versions. I also experience "No Tuner Not Available" errors if I don't wait a sufficent amount of time after it fails (which also seems strangeto me because I have 2 IPTV tuners configured) I tried the suggestion that @Jasmeet_181 suggested earlier and change the timeouts on the TV Server Configuration Scan Tab but saw no effect.

So is it possible the DRR changes I had asked for are the cause of this? If so, I would not complain if those changes were backed out. The way it is now, I will get a higher than normal amount of failed recordings along with the errors noted above while tuning manually. For those reasons, I've rolled back to version 1.26.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    wasn't that caused by your changes with timeouts?
    I don't think so, but if so, there should be a timeout entry in the log...

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Not sure how DRR could be involved in this, but @Gcarr: can you get me a full set of logs from a working attempt and one of a non-working attempt?
    Preferable do the test after a reboot to prevent sleepmode making things harder to diagnose.

Not sure if its easy to have 2 mediaportals installed side-by-side (frontend only, because TV service is defenitely not able to have more than one version)
    Also something you can try: only update mediaportal and have the tvservice from a different version running) (Works perfectly as I never can be bothered updating my tvservice and is always several versions behind the MP I use, and never had any issues with it).
    That way you can possibly pinpoint it to a change in MP or one in TVService.
    the 2 sets of logs (working and non working) preferably from the testsetups with as less differences in versions as possible
    I know I'm asking a lot but diagnosing things like timeouts over so many moving components can be challenging...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom