Is theTVDB DEAD ? (1 Viewer)

Naando

Portal Member
July 8, 2009
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Checking it the last days and its completly dead. Couldnt find anything here apart from a post where it seemed to be down, but then up again.

If it's dead, its there any alternatives to fetch data for our beloved TVSeries plugin? :D

photopeter

Portal Pro
August 14, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Is theTVDB DEAD ?

Hi.
Since month and month TheTVDB is more often down than up. :(
And without TheTVDB the Plugin isn't really usable as it depends 100% on this single, unreliable source. The greatest disadvantage of the Plugin. We're desperately in a need for alternative data sources like IMDB and local xml scrapper (as in Moving Pictures)...
But with this version of MPTVSeries this isn't possible at all...

Naando

Portal Member
July 8, 2009
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Re: AW: Is theTVDB DEAD ?

I see. %^&*(). Well, let's hope it goes up again and that in the future we could have more sources to fetch from.

dingo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    it is up when it is up. I guess it has alot of traffic and that it costs both money and time and manpower to keep it up and running in a perfect state. I love tvdb and if it is occationally down, well. There are people putting in alot of work for us to have a great eye candy htpc ;)

patience and all is fine soon I guess :D

MirrorrorriM

Portal Member
    February 10, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have Moving Pictures movie plugin set up fine on the StreamMP skin. Now I have been trying to set up the My TV-Series plugin for the last couple of days with no success. Considering the above posts please could someone reply when the My TV-Series TVDB is working - I will then know if it is my error or not! Thanks in advance

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I have Moving Pictures movie plugin set up fine on the StreamMP skin. Now I have been trying to set up the My TV-Series plugin for the last couple of days with no success. Considering the above posts please could someone reply when the My TV-Series TVDB is working - I will then know if it is my error or not! Thanks in advance

Check your log files next time.

You can also enable the log window inside MP-TVSeries configuration as per:

FAQ.TVSeries.1a_Configuration.Screen.png

In that bottom section you can then look for the line Can't connect to http://thetvdb.com/api/<apikey>/mirrors.xml : Unable to connect to the remote server

MirrorrorriM

Portal Member
    February 10, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have checked the log and I am not getting the error above. Instead I am getting this error;
    "00000004 - 24/01/2010 17:48:21 - Warning: Could not add Volume Label/Removable Property to episode - are you using these as a capture group?"
    I have searched and I cannot find what this relates to?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I have checked the log and I am not getting the error above. Instead I am getting this error;
    "00000004 - 24/01/2010 17:48:21 - Warning: Could not add Volume Label/Removable Property to episode - are you using these as a capture group?"
    I have searched and I cannot find what this relates to?

That means you have enabled the checkbox "Removable" on an import path that is not really removable.

Lot of people think that a LAN share should be marked as removable, because they assume that since the share is not accessible when the LAN share computer is off, it is removed. However that checkbox option refers more to a dynamic content drive.

A DVD drive for example is the same drive letter (import path), but it can have different media inserted which would then cause problems to keep track on. This is why MP-TVSeries has support to detect unique IDs. The volume label or Media ID (DVDs have a unique code) is used to differentiate between all the different media that you can insert.

Users who are viewing this thread