Katsomo.fi (3 Viewers)

micko

Portal Pro
May 27, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
Fixed ruutu a bit. There are still some issues where no videos are found, and also I see more categories on the website as in onlinevideos, but those seem to be paid. Is that correct?
Thanks again.
Yes there seems to be paid content.

J.Mahakas

May 19, 2014
Home Country
Viet Nam Viet Nam
So, is it sufficiently fixed then, or should I go digging deeper?

Hi,

just founded this thread and wanted let you know. Katsomo.fi is not working at the moment. No videos are found when accessing menus from MP.
Also LiveTV option would be nice, since it's a new feature. I'd be happy to help if you need any assistance on this.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just checked and indeed the site isn't working anymore.

I used to use the iphone section to get the data and play the video (normal mode gives me a silverlight stream, which isn't supported yet by onlinevideos), but that section doesn't give me a valid url for playback anymore...

I'll put it on my todo list

Edit: just checked, and xbmc is having trouble with it too...

Last edited:

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    (normal mode gives me a silverlight stream, which isn't supported yet by onlinevideos)

I don't know if it's any use for you, but you could use the new BrowserHost to play Silverlight videos - take a look at Sky Go or 4oD Web for examples.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I could indeed, but that's more or less my last hope (since that kills a bit of the user-experience)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've got a report that katsomo.fi isn't working.

Message read: Videota ei löydy, which translates to video not found.

Anyone care to elaborate? Just did a test, and (as I don't have VLC installed) only got to the point where I see a list of all videos, but no mention of videos not found...

micko

Portal Pro
    May 27, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I've got a report that katsomo.fi isn't working.

Message read: Videota ei löydy, which translates to video not found.

Anyone care to elaborate? Just did a test, and (as I don't have VLC installed) only got to the point where I see a list of all videos, but no mention of videos not found...
    Tried it, but I can't get list of videos. Only get categories and if I choose one to get video list "no video found" message appears.

Code:
    [09-29 16:27:37,123] [MPMain      ] [INFO ] DoPageLoad with CurrentState 'groups', PreviousWindowId '35'
    [09-29 16:27:44,208] [OnlineVideos] [INFO ] Looking for dynamic categories for site 'Katsomo.fi'
    [09-29 16:27:44,208] [OnlineVideos] [INFO ] Found 0 dynamic categories for site 'Katsomo.fi'
    [09-29 16:27:46,953] [OnlineVideos] [DEBUG] GetWebData-GET: 'http://m.mtvkatsomo.fi/katsomo/?treeId=33001'

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hm, somehow I forgot to update the sources of katsomo in the repository.
    Should be working now

micko

Portal Pro
    May 27, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I get the videolist now, but I have some problem to play any of those. VLC is installed but log says VLCPlayer Error: '' and video wont start. It might be some LAN issue though and have to look it more tomorrow.

Another thing. Videolist is missing many items compared to website. In example my wife tried to play "Kiiltokuvia" and there are only some trailers but not any actual shows. At this moment there are four videos and onlinevideos is only showing two of them ("Kaikki Ohjelmat" -> "K" -> "Kiiltokuvia"). They aren't paid content.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread