[solved] (Kodi issue) MCE Remote not working in 1.13pre. Worked fine in 1.12 (1 Viewer)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    New HID Demo available with some flag options, you can play with those to see if it helps somehow.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Basically something on your system is preventing the 88 codes to reach the application and we don't know what that is.
    Are you able to give me a link to the relevant code where you get the usage collection?
    I thought that only the usage page and usage were relevant, and the usage collection could be ignored. After all, a usage collection is just meant to be a sub-group of usages within a given page. My understanding is that it does not change the meaning of the usage at all. Meaning is defined by page and usage alone.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are you able to give me a link to the relevant code where you get the usage collection?
    I thought that only the usage page and usage were relevant, and the usage collection could be ignored. After all, a usage collection is just meant to be a sub-group of usages within a given page. My understanding is that it does not change the meaning of the usage at all. Meaning is defined by page and usage alone.
    When you register you need to provide both usage page and collection. The MCE collection is 88. However it seems the eHome devices also have a 89 collection which is undocumented but obviously shows up in the device list.
    Each device has a page and a collection.

Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

In there I define the collections:
    http://sharplibhid.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest#Hid/HidUsageTables.cs

See the RegisterHidDevices function in:
    http://sharplibhid.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/40a282e5a5b2#MainForm.cs

The usage collection I fetch from that usUsage member from RID_DEVICE_INFO_HID:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms645584(v=vs.85).aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

It's happening in the constructor of our Event class:
    http://sharplibhid.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/40a282e5a5b2#Hid/HidEvent.cs

FrankBert

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2007
    Here the screenshot of the HID-Demo on my freshly installed Windows 7 Laptop. (no DVB-card installed)
    HID works!.png
    A mixture of 88 and 89 "Usage Collection". o_O

Here the result of the Info and Guide key from the version 1.3.1.6 on my Mediacenter PC:
    Last was the "Info", second last the "EPG-Guide" key and some more - with all devices enabled:
    New Test.PNG

Without the Technisat Mantis HID - no difference:
    without mantis.PNG

Actually I never used the Technisat-HID - it was just installed automatically...
    I double checked - it is the Mts.HID.VIRTUAL ... - keyboard by disabling the device (try and error).
    Mantis.PNG

It seems that the MCE-remote sends both usage pages:
    88 and 89.PNG

After disabling one HDI-device in the device manager, I was able to delete the 89 - BUT, now the remote control does not work at all in the HID-Demo ...
    disabled HID 89.PNG
    So, this is unfortunately no solution. (n)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A mixture of 88 and 89 "Usage Collection". o_O

That's what you should get on your other machine too. Thanks for trying that out.
    So your IR receiver is indeed working as it should. It is just something on your other machine that's causing us trouble.

There is a new version of our HID Demo now with a Logs tab.
    Try it it on your broken machine, push just a couple of keys: RecordedTv and Guide.
    Then copy and paste the logs in a "spoiler" over here, maybe it will help us understand what is going on.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    In there I define...
    Ahhhh, I see. So you and I take quite different approaches in our code. I identify the parent device and automatically register all the exposed combinations of usage page + collection, whereas you register only the combinations that you know you'll be interested in...

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ahhhh, I see. So you and I take quite different approaches in our code. I identify the parent device and automatically register all the exposed combinations of usage page + collection, whereas you register only the combinations that you know you'll be interested in...
    Yeah for the demo that's how it goes. I'm thinking of adding check boxes in the device list so that one can register just what"s needed.

In MP the config file itself decides which device/page-collection are registered.

By root device I'm assuming you mean the actual hardware device. I don't really want to care from which hardware the input comes. For instance media keys could come from an actual keyboard or the remote it would be handled just the same.

FrankBert

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2007
    here the log from the Recorded TV 6 EPG Button[DOUBLEPOST=1452704545][/DOUBLEPOST]Interesting - I just checked what happens if I use the MS-IR Keyboard - see the results:
    screenshot.PNG
    I did press the TV-Recording, EPG and Messenger and Live TV - last two also showed in the Usage-Collection 88!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom