[solved] (Kodi issue) MCE Remote not working in 1.13pre. Worked fine in 1.12 (1 Viewer)

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hey there, having a not dissimilar issues with my remote in MP1 version 1.13 except it is with the mute button only. The remote is a HP MCE 5070-2583, which did work as expected in MP1 version 1.12.

I ran the HID Demo utility and everything seems to be fine, screenshot below. As always any help would be greatly appreciated...

Screenshot 2016-01-06 18.24.58.png

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    @JJDoherty that should be fairly straight forward.

In case you don't know...
    First thing is that XML files are created like nested parenthesis, opening with a <sectionName> tag and closing with a </sectionName> tag (note the / on the closing tag):
    <section 1>
    __<section 2>
    ____<section 3>
    ____Some data here
    ____</section 3>
    __</section 2>
    </section 1>
    With that in mind have a look at the path C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\defaults\InputDeviceMappings - in there you'll see a few XMLs relating to different remotes.
    The trick for me was figuring out which one refers to your remote, fortunately this is obvious with my remote (the Microsoft MCE.xml file!)
    Once I opened this you can work out what does what by looking at the first <button name="Volume +" code="16"> line.
    Once I had the missing ones, I simply copied 'n' pasted the missing lines in to the generic_hid.xml file (by finding the relevant section and adding the missing lines in).
    (you can see the results from the .zip file I pasted).
    Working for me :)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Concerning your volume and mute issues.
    Could you guys just remove the following sections from your HID XML file.
    Basically mute and volume commands are system commands.
    MP should not be doing anything in response to those but let the system do the magic.
    However MP is listening to system volume events anyway thus volume slider and mute icon are still activated as they should.
    The problem with the mute as it is and has been for a long time now is that apparently both the system and MP try to mute the volume so sometimes you get a mute and an un-mute just one after the other.

XML:
       <button code="Mute" background="true">
          <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="9982" sound="click.wav" />
        </button>

<button code="VolumeDecrement" background="true" repeat="true">
          <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="102" sound="cursor.wav" />
        </button>

<button code="VolumeIncrement" background="true" repeat="true">
          <action layer="0" condition="*" conproperty="-1" command="ACTION" cmdproperty="103" sound="cursor.wav" />
        </button>

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I think it's the issue i have and when i have removed something in config it was ok :) a press on mute gives mute/mute in a row :)

FrankBert

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2007
    I can confirm that with the new implementation of the remote control, my original MCE remote control, which worked out of the box for several years now with Mediaportal, does not work with the 1.13 version any more.

Only the up, down, left, right and OK button work - all others do not.
    Not even the start with the green button starts Mediaportal like in the 1.12 and earlier.

Actually, the support of the MCE remote control was one of the mayor reasons for me, to use Mediaportal from the very beginning onwards. Remote control functionality e.g. in Kodi is really a pain and much less sofisticated. I switched back to the 1.12 version (which luckily worked well).

May I ask strongly for a quick re-implementation of the MCE remote control support?

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can confirm that with the new implementation of the remote control, my original MCE remote control, which worked out of the box for several years now with Mediaportal, does not work with the 1.13 version any more.

Only the up, down, left, right and OK button work - all others do not.
    Not even the start with the green button starts Mediaportal like in the 1.12 and earlier.

Actually, the support of the MCE remote control was one of the mayor reasons for me, to use Mediaportal from the very beginning onwards. Remote control functionality e.g. in Kodi is really a pain and much less sofisticated. I switched back to the 1.12 version (which luckily worked well).

May I ask strongly for a quick re-implementation of the MCE remote control support?
    Try the HID Demo and provide us screenshots of the results.
    See link in one of my post above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom