[solved] - (Kodi issue) MCE Remote not working in 1.13pre. Worked fine in 1.12 | Page 5

Discussion in 'Input / Output interfaces' started by Kevin TenBrook, December 18, 2015.

1. Sebastiii
    • Team MediaPortal

Sebastiii Development Group

Ratings:
    +10,221 / 9
    Home Country:
    France France
    Show System Specs
    I have the same remote and IR :)
    Microsoft Model : 1039 for the remote

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stéphane Lenclud
    • Team MediaPortal

Stéphane Lenclud Development Group

Ratings:
    +1,270 / 8
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    @FrankBert good news there is nothing wrong with your IR device and it should work just fine with our HID handler.
    @edterbak and I'm guessing many others have the exact same device and it works just fine for them.

Now the bad news we are still trying to figure out what's so specific with your system that prevents that device to function the way it should.
    I'm seeing some suspicious things happening in your HID device list.
    Here are some of the questions I'm asking myself:
    Why are those VID_04F3 appearing when your remove your IR receiver?
    What is that very suspicious Mts.HID.VIRTUAL thing?

Can you try removing every USB devices including mouse and keyboard you may have plug on that PC and then test your IR receiver again.
    I know it feels a bit like walking without your legs but I'm sure you'll find a way :)
    Alternatively you could try your IR receiver on another PC too to validate that it works.
    Right now I'm thinking one of your other devices is interfering with your IR receiver.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It's a virtual HID driver installed by tuner cards that use the "Mantis" PCI bridge chipset such as:
    • TechniSat SkyStar HD2
    • TerraTec Cinergy S2 PCI HD [CI]
    • Twinhan/AzureWave AD SP400 CI
    • Twinhan/AzureWave AD CP400
    • TerraTec Cinergy C PCI HD [CI]
    The driver enables the tuner's remote control key-presses to be received via the HID sub-system.

Yes, it could be the afore-mentioned virtual HID driver... but there are other tuners that add their remote control support using the same strategy. The HID handler needs to be able to handle this.

Unplugging every USB device won't help to get rid of the virtual HID driver. For that I think the driver may have to be fully uninstalled.

• Like Like x 1
  5. edterbak
    • Team MediaPortal

edterbak Test Group

Researcher
    Ratings:
    +1,178 / 5
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    Come to think of it.
    I Noticed only one issue currently.
    During playback, the MENU button doesnt respond, forcing me to watch the entire dvd comercial crap in front of the actual movie.

Here is a screenshot of my HID demo screen
    HID demo - devices.jpg

I have an azure wave / Mantis HID as well

6. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Are you sure the commercial stuff isn't unskippable? Some DVDs are authored to be that way. They want you to know how bad piracy is. ;)

7. edterbak
    • Team MediaPortal

edterbak Test Group

Researcher
    Ratings:
    +1,178 / 5
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    Sure to a certain extend.
    It used to work when I press MENU I would see the root menu straight away. Now in some cases this doesnt work. Maybe propper implementation now huh :) But Ill test a bit more focused on that.
    Als a thing that could cloud this behaviour. Recently I upgraded the harmony software and changed some bits here and there. Got it working again, but I havent tested with actual MCE remote. Something tells me this might be a good idea. :)

8. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    :)
    I notice you have the virtual Mantis HID device as well, so I think anything you can test would be useful... even if it might not be a good idea.

9. edterbak
    • Team MediaPortal

edterbak Test Group

Researcher
    Ratings:
    +1,178 / 5
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    tested.
    its the harmony setup.
    used the mce remote now and everyting is fine. even menu, skipping pre movie crap :) YEAH..

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. edterbak
    • Team MediaPortal

edterbak Test Group

Researcher
    Ratings:
    +1,178 / 5
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    OH, sorry..
    If you need me to test anyting in particular, just ask

• Like Like x 1
  11. Stéphane Lenclud
    • Team MediaPortal

Stéphane Lenclud Development Group

Ratings:
    +1,270 / 8
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Well I'm not sure what needs testing to be honest.
    We thought that Mantis device could be our problem but now we see you have one too and it works for you.
    Could you try unplugging your IR receiver refreshing the device list and taking screenshot like @FrankBert did?

@mm1352000 I was looking through the forums for an older conversation between you and me, this must have been when I started working on the HID implementation. I could not find it.
    I remember you provided me a link to some source code of yours implementing an HID handler for some TV card. That helped me a great deal back then and set me on the path to our current implementation. However I vaguely recall you were using the Usage Collection 0x0089 rather than the usual 0x0088 for some reason. I wonder if Frank's messages could be coming though the 0x0089 collection rather than through 0x0088 for whatever reason. From the specs point of view I'm not sure what's the difference between 88 and 89, I know they have different IR signals for Desktop and Laptop and I somehow always keep that I mind but I don't think that's what it is there. Anyway, if you have that link to your source code I would like to take a look at it again.

@FrankBert I stand by my earlier analysis, something in your system is intercepting those messages. It could be MP Tray and MP using earlier so called 'MCE' implementation, it could be some TV server plugin, it could be other USB and non USB HID device or any drivers that come with them. Therefore any testing you could do on your side removing or disabling devices from the Device Manager and testing if it fixes HID demo would be most welcome.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!