[solved] Latest media handler - time reported as date (1 Viewer)

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Have a look in the DWHD TVOSD.xml where I use LMH properties to show ongoing recordings with start/end times, channel logos etc. ;)

Thank you for the pointer Catavolt but I am on an older install and TVOSD is using #TV.View.Thumb #TV.View.channel etc. It is the playback of a TV recording that I want to show the channel logo for.

Since we're on the subject of TVOSD... that is one xml that I have already customised. Hope you like it. Once I have sorted my remaining "issues" I will let you have all my custom theme, but it is a bit premature at the moment:

I try where possible to re-use existing graphics for compatibility and to keep disc space as low as possible, but some were necessary. Hope you like this:

Attachments

• squarepbwhite.png
      squarepbwhite.png
      286 bytes
    • squarepbred.png
      squarepbred.png
      312 bytes
    • squarepborange.png
      squarepborange.png
      314 bytes
    • squarepbgrey.png
      squarepbgrey.png
      279 bytes
    • squarepbgreen.png
      squarepbgreen.png
      314 bytes
    • squarepbblue.png
      squarepbblue.png
      327 bytes
    • fonts.xml
      1.8 KB
    • TVOSD.xml
      14.9 KB

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Pictures texture path root = MP Thumbs path :)
    If logos in MP Thumbs Logos bla-bla
    Then use <texture>logos\bla-bla\#studiologo</texture>

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    Pictures texture path root = MP Thumbs path :)
    If logos in MP Thumbs Logos bla-bla
    Then use <texture>logos\bla-bla\#studiologo</texture>

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

Thank you AJS, I have followed your instructions to the letter I think but I have not solved this or the red dots. I think my brains must be scrambled today by a long day at work listening to Environmental Health officials describing minimum room sizes in shared houses at a seminar.

I am conscious I am taking too much of your time and Catavolt's time today so I think I will come back to this at the weekend when my brains are working properly.

Many thanks
    RH

Attachments

• the problem.png
      the problem.png
      1.4 MB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    It is the playback of a TV recording that I want to show the channel logo for.
    Channel logo for TV OSD:

<texture>#(iif(eq(#TV.View.thumb,''),
    'DefaultVideoBig.png',
    '#TV.View.thumb'))</texture>

Channel logo for Video OSD (also used for "Recorded TV" panel):

<texture>..\..\..\Thumbs\TV\Logos\#Play.Current.Channel.png</texture>

However, I wrote the following notes in the xml file for the video OSD:

<description>Channel logo (or video thumbnail).
    Sadly, we cannot determine whether the channel logo is available.
    So we display TWO images in the same location:
    (1) The default video logo, which is always drawn on screen.
    (2) The channel logo, which is drawn in the same location as (1).
    If (2) is available, it overlays image (1) and none of (1) is visible.
    If (2) is not available, nothing is drawn for (2) and we see only (1).
    </description>

Finally, if you want channel logos to appear for radio recordings, you need to copy the radio channel logos into the folder for the TV logos (so the radio logos need to be in two places -- the radio logo folder for the "Radio Guide", and the TV logo folder for "Recorded Radio").

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    Well, I have got the red dots on Basic Home working. I was worried that the titles would disappear from the schedules when the clock went past the EPG end time, but apparently not, they stay until the actual ending of the recording including the optional added minutes at the end of each recording as specified in TV Server (I was worried that the red dot would stay and the titles vanish, creating a mismatch). So I have attached a screen shot and my basichome.xml for your amusement and comment.

I am still struggling to get my head around file paths. This is probably because I am a Fellow of the Chartered Association of Building Engineers, and not a Fellow of the Chartered Association of Doing Clever Stuff on Computers.

This works:
    <control>
    <description>Channel image for recorded TV</description>
    <type>image</type>
    <id>0</id>
    <posX>100</posX>
    <posY>1040</posY>
    <width>70</width>
    <height>40</height>
    <texture>C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\tv\logos\#Play.Current.Channel.png</texture>
    <centered>yes</centered>
    <keepaspectratio>yes</keepaspectratio>
    <visible>yes</visible>
    </control>

This does not:
    <control>
    <description>Channel image for recorded TV</description>
    <type>image</type>
    <id>0</id>
    <posX>100</posX>
    <posY>1040</posY>
    <width>70</width>
    <height>40</height>
    <texture>..\..\..\Thumbs\tv\logos\#Play.Current.Channel.png</texture>
    <centered>yes</centered>
    <keepaspectratio>yes</keepaspectratio>
    <visible>yes</visible>
    </control>

Presumably I am being too literal in typing in the ..\ bits from CyberSimian's post, but as I said, I don't understand the required syntax, so don't know what I am doing.

The real tragedy though is that as part of an upgrade to the latest MP build in order to look at Catavolt's TVOSD.xml, my IMON VFD Minidisplay settings have been overwritten and I can't restore them. I am now crying into my coffee because I have had to switch off MiniDisplay to make the volume control work, and then I have had to switch off the volume OSD because it appears every time a key click (click.wav) plays. I don't even need IMON for the remote, I now use FLIRC with a Sky remote control (which is lovely!), so I only need the IMON VFD to show what media are currently playing. Any threads wth a solution that you know of? I have tried restoring the MiniDisplayLibrary.Dll etc. No success. I am so unhappy! :cry:

Special thanks to all of you for helping me get my red dots sorted out!! (y)(y)(y)

Attachments

• basichome recording.png
      basichome recording.png
      1.2 MB
    • BasicHome.xml
      105.2 KB

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Strange should work :)
    but as I said, I don't understand the required syntax, so don't know what I am doing.
    Default folder for Image - MP Skin Media folder
    Ie
    XML:
    <texture>picture.png</texture>
    search picture.png image in Skin\Theme\Media folder, if not found, search in Skin\Media folder
    XML:
    Search in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Skin name\Media\Up level (..)\Up level (..)\Up level (..)\Thumbs\tv\Logos folder
    Ie in
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\tv\logos\

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    Strange should work :)

Default folder for Image - MP Skin Media folder
    Ie
    XML:
    <texture>picture.png</texture>
    search picture.png image in Skin\Theme\Media folder, if not found, search in Skin\Media folder
    XML:
    Search in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Skin name\Media\Up level (..)\Up level (..)\Up level (..)\Thumbs\tv\Logos folder
    Ie in
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\tv\logos\

Thank you so much AJS - that little tutorial has opened new avenues for me. I wasn't being completely thick - the reason it wasn't working is that because I am using a theme, I needed an extra "..\"

Now it looks like I will spend the rest of the evening trying to make my IMON VFD work again without disabling the volume and bringing up the Volume OSD every time I so much as breathe on the remote control. :cry:

RH

Users who are viewing this thread