LAVFilter 0.74.1 incorrect version (1 Viewer)

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello there,

Can someone explain me that when I want to install LAVFilter 0.74.1with MPEI :

zz1.png

I have LAVFilter 0.70.2 installed :

zz2.png

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    And the problem is deeper than MPEI and MyExtensions plugin.
    Same as MP 1.23 install :

zz1.png

This install SAF 0.70.2.
    Also, the "full uninstall" doesn't uninstall MySql 5.6 nor SAF 0.70.2.
    I can understand it but, a checked box for this would be interesting (and more for SAF 0.70.2 wich is not the latest one...)

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, when necessary I have always had to do a manual uninstall of MySql, my guess is that is by design. For sure MP will install MySql if it is not already installed but to remove it with an MP uninstall could be a problem if something else is using it. If you see what I mean.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    That's why I wrote "I can understand it" because others app also may use MySql stuff...
    A checked box could resolve it.
    But, this priority thread is, at it first stage, for "LAVFilter 0.74.1" ;)

markus_g

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2006
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    TL;DR = Just manually download LAV v0.74.1 MPE1 installer and run it.

It would be nice if this can be fixed.

MediaPortal Extension installer relies on the following file to obtain the info on each plugin:

For the LAVFilter extension that means:

Code:
    https://www.team-mediaportal.com/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=att_download&link_id=162&cf_id=52

Which contains 0.74.1 as the latest version via:

Code:
    OnlineLocation = http://www.team-mediaportal.com/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=att_download&link_id=162&cf_id=24

Which downloads "LAVFilters0.74.1.0.mpe1", and when you manually install that one, then everything is fixed, so SOB now I'm not sure why MediaPortal Extension installer refused to do this for me automatic.

Think it might have had something to do with the older version I had installed, because that version (v0.70.2) is now purged from the history list after I did the manual upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread