Live TV...Pixellates/Freezes momentarilly....impossible to view...:( (1 Viewer)

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
February 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
.....I have posted a beserk screenshot(post #19)....but by the time I got this....MePo had totally frozen, and stopped working

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Right, look at the HDD activity.
    4 MB per second. Would have been great to see what is doing that, because I suspect that's what is causing the problem. I guess it will be either uTorrent or the search indexer.

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    ..... I guess it will be either uTorrent or the search indexer.
    So...should I experiment...and turn these off....?
    (How do I turn off search indexer.....didn't realise that I'd switched it on?!)

(Windows search doesn't appear in the Windows features pane....:( )

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So...should I experiment...and turn these off....?
    Yes. Experimentation and exploration in the hope of finding the pattern is the game.

(How do I turn off search indexer.....didn't realise that I'd switched it on?!)
    It will be a Windows thing. Uncle Google is your friend for questions like this:
    https://www.google.co.nz/?gws_rd=ssl#q=windows+8+disable+search+indexer

First link:
    http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/how-to-permanently-disable-search-indexing-in-windows-8/

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Turned off wsearch in sevices.....now runnung on MePo...CPU usage around 45%
    upload_2015-5-8_12-40-27.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-5-8_12-35-35.png
      upload_2015-5-8_12-35-35.png
      889.9 KB
    • upload_2015-5-8_12-38-14.png
      upload_2015-5-8_12-38-14.png
      798.3 KB

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Comodo off...Spybot off....Windows search off.....after running for 90 mins without problems...then took about 5 mins to record over 3000 discontinuities...before seizing up.

Would logs be helpful again at this stage??
    upload_2015-5-8_21-51-12.png

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...then took about 5 mins to record over 3000 discontinuities...before seizing up.
    What was happening with the signal quality during that time?
    What was happening with the HDD % during that time?
    Was it especially windy or wet (storm) during that time (ie. could your satellite dish have been wobbling - it only takes a few centimetres to cause a problem)?

Would logs be helpful again at this stage??
    No. They would presumably show the discontinuities... but nothing more. In other words: they aren't (and can't be) any more specific about the cause of the discontinuities.

Finding the cause of such problems is not always straightforward. Like I said: experimentation and exploration in the hope of finding a pattern.

Think about the things that changed when the discontinuities started. If you don't think anything changed, you need to be more observant... or find a way to get more insight into what is going on. I know that isn't easy, and I'd give you the solution if I could... but I can't because I don't have it. You're the expert when it comes to your PC and "environment" (installed software, hardware, satellite setup etc.). I can only try to offer suggestions...

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    CPU has sat around 95 to 99% for last 20 mins.....NO discontinuities yet.....after recording for 25 mins.
    Here is Disk activity
    upload_2015-5-9_12-25-11.png

When Discontinuities do occur....Signal Quality 80/Level 95...both in green and don't fluctuate.
    Hard to imagine that external conditions/weather etc are contributing here...:(

tonewheelkev

Portal Pro
    February 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    99% CPU constantly now.....Windows search seems to be able to start itself up...even thoughg I have terminated it...but still no discontinuities!
    upload_2015-5-9_13-13-16.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom