Live TV Stutter since Win 10 upgrade (1 Viewer)

Groovemaize

Portal Pro
November 14, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have grabbed screen shots for the processes before and almost immediately stuttering started (which was about 30 mins this time). Initially MePo consumes more CPU and system compressed memory is at 6.4%, during stuttering MePo has dropped back and system compressed memory has increased to 11.4%, I think everything else looks ok. I have tried several fixes for system compressed memory however it appears that none of them have worked!

Attachments

• 20160531_135458.jpg
    20160531_135458.jpg
    9.5 MB
  • 20160531_142406.jpg
    20160531_142406.jpg
    5.9 MB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Screen captures can also be made eaily using the WIn 10 Snipping Tool.

INterestingly I don't have any process "System and compressed Memory" on my own PC systems. Are you using compressed spaces on your hard disk(s)?

Groovemaize

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2013
    Home Country
    The System and Compressed Memory has only been there since upgrading to win 10, as per previous post it doesnt seem to get above about 3-5% utilisation. I havent knowingly set this up! Are you running win 10 aswell?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, I am. However, my systems run with german localization and maybe the service is called differently, although I can't make out anything similar. The service itself is related to Windows RAM management. There is a possibility to describe details of your PC systems within your profile (don't forget to switch them to visible).

The fact that the system copression kicks in would suggest that you are doing other things in parallel to running MP. Are you?

Regarding the CPU load itself, the figures are not unreasonably high and should not lead to stuttering - unless your CPU is so fully loaded by the process itself that is simply overloading. The task manager (and/or the resource manager) allows you to also verify the CPU speed. I am not sure if the hardware details were discussed and maybe this particular system is simply having a cooling problem with CPU throttling down. You should be able to see this when comparing initial CPU frequency to what it runs at while stutter occurs.

Fishing in the dark...

Groovemaize

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2013
    Home Country
    Hi, system specs added and visible, no other things running in parallel.

I had noticed that my physical RAM was only showing half of the installed 4Gb in system properties. Managed to correct this to the full 4Gb but stutterng is still as bad as ever.

I ran sfc which returned no errors, I also ran a memory scan which also returned no errors.

CPU frequency is stable at 1.86Ghz before and during stuttering, total processes are 56 including MePo which does not increase when stuttering starts.

Any more ideas anyone?!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Groovemaize
    Sorry, I've been away for the last 4 or 5 days so have only just seen the last page or so of replies.

In answer to your question:
    Any more ideas anyone?!

Now is the time to go back and run LatencyMon again - while the stuttering is occurring - to confirm you solved all the problems. Until LatencyMon gives your system a clean bill of health you have to keep using it to identify the problematic drivers/processes, and then find a way to eliminate those problems.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Oh, by the way...

The latest "20160531_135458.jpg" screenshot shows "Anti-malware service executible" with high network usage. That may be the underlying source of the high system CPU usage. I know we've said it before in this thread, but please be doubly and triply and absolutely 100% certain that you've excluded MediaPortal from all all anti-virus/malware/spyware scanning... including network scanning. If you think you've done that, it sure doesn't look like it... so maybe even try [temporarily] disabling all anti-virus/malware/spyware software (ie. Windows Defender etc.).

Groovemaize

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2013
    Home Country
    Well, 7 days ago based on LatencyMon I updated to the latest drivers for my graphics card and also my ethernet card both versions were installed when the stuttering first started, I also opened up the zbox and hoovered it out (some dust but not too bad). Since then I have had zero stuttering or glitching. I've attached the current LatencyMon screen shot and you will see there is very little improvement especially on page faults which I just cant seem to get a handle on. Either way, the family is happy again as the children's TV channels are watchable in the playroom again! Thank you all for your input and patience, this has been a long time coming! I'm unlikely to change anything now unless further problems develop...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
      Capture.JPG
      185.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread