• April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,

I have problems with stuttering Live-TV. In 1.0.2 Mp works great

1x Cynergie DVB-S
    1x MSI SAT Anywhere II

You should supply more info about OS, other hardware (graphics card) and provide logfiles. That way you can get some help :)

oklei

December 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,

I saw the same problem, however I have not done enough checking to post logs yet.

It's definitly a change between the 1.1. and the 1.02 both alfa and beta releases have the same stutter on my setup.

- Changing codecs does not make any difference
    - Changing timeshifting folder to non system disk does not make any difference

Due to the obvious stutter in my setup, compared to MP 1.0.2 I'm surprised that this has not been reported yet.

Will investigate more and then post logs.

1x Terratec Cinergy
    Gigabyte Geforce 9400
    Vista 64bit 4Gb

Laverne

Portal Pro
    August 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well i have that stuttering, too. It apeared after changing the graphiccard from ati to nvidia. Im not sure but i think itś a problem with hardware deinterlacing. Im using the cyberlink powerdvd 8 codec on windows 7. With the inbuild mpeg2 codec of windows7 i don´t have that problem but i got anoying failures in the picture while whatching tv. With the never Nvidia drivers the problem got even worse! So i switched back to the microsoft drivers. Well i changed the graphic card for HDTV tv but now i have trouble with SDTV. Well one good word on the ms drivers: first cuda is included and second the cards powermanagement ist working better. I think itś hard if even ms can make better drivers :D
    You can try disabling DXVA for mpeg2!

oklei

December 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi again,

When installing the Beta release I found the new functionality of the dynamic refreshrate changer intreageing, so... I activated it letting Mediaportal do the change and not setting up the scripts to do it directly against my Nvidia card. When I diabled this function the liveTV was back without stutter instantly. So problem solved for my part.

Users who are viewing this thread