LiveTV freezes and shows a lot of artifacts (3 Viewers)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's not what you said:
    They all work. Also the old one works. It's really strange and I don't know why. At the moment I'm unable to reproduce the issue, but I know that it only occured with your new TSReader and never ever with the old version....

Last edited:

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks guys!

Because of the issue does not happen all the time, it will take some days, until I give you feedback if uninstalling mdapi, disabling dxva, etc. work.

@HomeY: Before that post I posted, that they not work. After that post they also stopped working. Sometimes they work, sometimes not. When they work, they don't work after I restart my HTPC or MediaPortal. So I gave up and still using the original version and/or nonstopmod70, because with those versions I never ever had any problems.[DOUBLEPOST=1366899743][/DOUBLEPOST]
    @Snoopy87

- Timeshift is made on my Ram Disc. It also happens, if the timeshift files were store on my SSD.
    - I made sure that no other background service, application, etc. is running on my System. No AntiVirus Software, no EPG Grabber, etc.
    Okay... but why were there continuity errors in the TsWriter log in your first post?
    Also, you said in your previous post that it happened with the MovingPictures import and EPG Grabber.
    Is it possible that there are two problems?

Maybe. I don't know ;-) But the result is always the same.

- It happens on two HTPCs
    Are the two HTPCs connected to the same server, or are you talking about your PC + your friend's PC?

No, both HTPCs use a Singleseat Installation.

- It happens with two different TV Cards (TBS 6922, Digital Devices Cine S2 V6.5)
    With the same cable to supply signal?

Yes and no. I'm using a high quality cable (Oehlbach) which is only ca. 4m long. My friend is using a cheap default cable. He is using the TBS 6922, I'm using the DD CineS2, but in the past I used the TBS 6922 in my HTPC.

- My signal is 100% and Quality is also 100% (same for the other HTPC of my friend)
    Measured with a professional signal analyser, or are you only looking at the [basically meaningless] readings from the TV tuner driver?
    Such readings will also not show transient/intermittent issues ("spikes").

It's the value from the TV Tuner driver and from Sat Receivers / STBs I had in the last 8 years (at least 5 different DVB-S2 HD-Receivers)

- It happens on two different sat connections (at home and at my friend's home)
    With the same video codecs?

Yes, LAV Filter is the only one, which works great for our HTPC without stuttering and high cpu/gpu load.

Mister Bean

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    Lelystad
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Any progress on this? Also many problems here with freezes and artifacts. I have never seen this before with earlier version of MP. At the moment I connected a separate settop box for television, because MP is unusable for watching TV at the moment. Such a shame!!

Regards,
    Nico

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Any progress on this?
    No.
    @Snoopy87 has not provided further information or logs as requested, so nobody that I'm aware of is investigating.

Also many problems here with freezes and artifacts. I have never seen this before with earlier version of MP.
    This is your first post in this thread, and seems to be your first comment about this issue. I would prefer if you start a new thread. As usual, log files are required if you would like to receive support.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

At the moment I connected a separate settop box for television, because MP is unusable for watching TV at the moment. Such a shame!!
    Well that is unfortunate... but like I said, you don't seem to have reported this problem previously and you have not provided the information that we need to help you. Our hands are tied - we can't help if we don't know there is a problem or we don't have the information we need to locate and fix the problem!

Mister Bean

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    Lelystad
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi mm1352000,

Thanks for your respons. This is my first post in this section indeed, but that's because i was a very satisfied MP-user ;) When I have time, I will post logs and provide you with all other relevant information. But the problem is exact the same as driver140771 has described here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/livetv-freezes-and-shows-a-lot-of-artifacts.117848/page-2 Lots of video continuity errors.

To be continued. At the moment I'm enjoying the weather here in the Netherlands :)

Regards,
    Nico

Mister Bean

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    Lelystad
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello,

A small update. I'm afraid the problem is caused by MD***filter.ax. I stream from Argus TV and if I disable the MD*** function in Argus TV the video continuity errors are gone. I have tested this with Servus TV HD Deutschland which is an unencrypted 1080i channel. When I enable the MD*** function in Argus TV and after that tuning in to Servus TV HD the video continuity errors are back! Of course, this is an unencrypted channel, but in this case is MD*** filter.ax is in the filtergraph. That is very bad news because all channels here in the Netherlands are encrypted, which make MP at this moment unusable for me and probably more Dutch users . . . It is a mystery for me why earlier version of MP and XBMC do not suffer from this problem. Tsreader enhancements ????

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Nico

Thanks for reporting (y)

So your configuration is Argus TV server with MediaPortal and/or XBMC frontend, and both MP and XBMC have problems?

It is a mystery for me why earlier version of MP and XBMC do not suffer from this problem. Tsreader enhancements ????
    Well first thing to say is that as I understand it XBMC and MP don't use the same TsReader, so although I'm pretty sure there have been changes in TsReader in MP 1.4 PR that does not mean that anything has changed for XBMC. For this reason I suspect an issue with MD, Argus, or even a system/platform issue (codecs, drivers etc.). Changes in MP may be contributing, but more likely the issue is outside our control...

Did you change anything else in your system recently?

mm

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello,

A small update. I'm afraid the problem is caused by MD***filter.ax. I stream from Argus TV and if I disable the MD*** function in Argus TV the video continuity errors are gone. I have tested this with Servus TV HD Deutschland which is an unencrypted 1080i channel. When I enable the MD*** function in Argus TV and after that tuning in to Servus TV HD the video continuity errors are back! Of course, this is an unencrypted channel, but in this case is MD*** filter.ax is in the filtergraph. That is very bad news because all channels here in the Netherlands are encrypted, which make MP at this moment unusable for me and probably more Dutch users . . . It is a mystery for me why earlier version of MP and XBMC do not suffer from this problem. Tsreader enhancements ????

If you want to try older versions of TsReader.ax, there is a collection of older dev versions here - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/experimental-tsreader-development.102693/

But there haven't been any real changes to the way it handles discontinuity errors for a very long time.....

Mister Bean

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    Lelystad
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Owlsroost and mm,

At the moment I'm heavily troubleshooting. It's seems to be very difficult to pinpoint the exact cause. Just one simple question. What means the following entries in tsreader.log?

Demux : Video to render 0.825 Sec
    Demux : Audio to render 0.370 Sec

I see very, very much of those entries and these always end up with video continuity errors. Then the whole cycle repeats. Again this problem is exactly the same as driver140771 reported here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/livetv-freezes-and-shows-a-lot-of-artifacts.117848/page-2

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
    Nico

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    As mm said - we need logs to help you.........

Demux : Video to render 0.825 Sec Demux : Audio to render 0.370 Sec

The numbers are the amount of video/audio data (in seconds) buffered in the playback filtergraph - the values you have quoted are OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom