Spdif
good standby function
socket a or 754 (AMDbased)

Do you have any good experience with a m-atx board let me know

Thanks

jdiffend

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
First of all, I'd go socket 754 and a 64 bit CPU. It's close to the same price for the speed and socket A is now a dead end.

I also think you'll find features like hi-def audio are more common on 754 boards than Socket A and you can get built in DirectX 9 support in hardware.

I have a Jetway I love and there is a 754 version of it. But they didn't put SPDIF on the 754 version of the board. Otherwise it would be perfect.

Look for ATi and NVidea chipset boards that support DirectX 9.
There should also be a DirectX 9 capable VIA chipset on the market some time soon... possibly by the end of the year.

Just look for the features you want and the proper TV out for your setup. Many boards don't have TV out.

jdiffend

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
That was kinda vague so I did a search on my vender of choice's site. Here are the possible candidates they had. You'll need to research the features to make sure which ones have everything you need since it was just a search based on video/form factor:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...Value=757:7619&Submit=Property&SubCategory=22

This is the board I use but it's socket 939. The A200GDMS version is socket 754 *IF* you can find one... but no SPDIF.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813153027

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at all. I just wanted to: understand current Status & Situation understand my Options for a stable System improve my Knowledge & learn from Experts Especially because your limited Dev Resources and the...
I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at...
Hello Folks, Yesterday I upgraded to Mediaportal 2.5 via uninstalling 2.4.1 first and then install the latest .NET6 Variant of...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Delete recordings DE
Hi, please check the yellow box (almost bottom of the page) about deleting recordings in the wiki. It’s possible to delete recordings, if access is guaranted. I’m not sure which connection problems you have. Normally the client is directly connected to the server on startup. In case you feel it’s too long, please describe the issue...
Hi, please check the yellow box (almost bottom of the page) about deleting recordings in the wiki. It’s possible to delete...
Hi, I can't seem to find any posts in this forum or on the wiki on deleting recordings. I am currently running 2.4.1 and there...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [solved] Basic audio question... DE
Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo stream, by default, in television also. Thanks for your help. N.
Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo...
Is there a way to set the default audio stream for live TV? The default default, so to speak, for me seems to be English...
Replies
Views
Yes, unfortunately, this would need a code change to support it. Next time I'm doing something on the plugin I'll try and remember to add support for this sort order.
Yes, unfortunately, this would need a code change to support it. Next time I'm doing something on the plugin I'll try and...
Hi, I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to help me out. Is there a way to either use the sort feature and/or a...
Replies
Views
Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
Hi folks, basically I have this m3u list with links I am trying to scan with the TV configuration tool but all the channels even...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom