[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (7 Viewers)

biship

Portal Pro
June 14, 2008
A few questions on settings. I do not have 3D, and use a 1080p plasma (720p60, 1080p24, 1080p60, 1080p23, 1080i59, 1080p59)
I watch a mix of content (480/720/1080 & 4K (downsampled to 1080).
Do I enable:
MP Config: Dynamic Refresh Rate?
MP Config: Ignore Windows Resolution/size changes in fullscreen mode?
MP Config: Use Workaround FCU blackscreen fix?
MP Config: MadVR: Use Internal refresh rate?
MadVR: Windowed Overlay?
MadVR: FSE Mode?
MadVR: DX11?
MadVR: Seperate Device(s)?

Thanks for any help!

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi guys. a lot to read after vacation, nice:)

@Sebastiiii just whooped the new version on latest insider with new nvidia hdr driver but didnt came far... only 2 videos to be exact^^
    with a running video playback when i open a new file the pc briefly freezes followed by a direct restart:p sadly reproducible

@biship hard to say without your exact specs... ati/nvidia or intel??? :p
    i dont remember them, but in general start with defaults to see if it works this way. only edit the display rates within madvr to match your tv/display...

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    wow a 1060 and no need for 4k and dxva upscaling no joke? :cool::D
    so set lav to copy-back u can go for ngu all the way...
    MP Config: Dynamic Refresh Rate?-- no need
    MP Config: Ignore Windows Resolution/size changes in fullscreen mode?-- no need if it works without
    MP Config: Use Workaround FCU blackscreen fix?- no need if it works without
    MP Config: MadVR: Use Internal refresh rate?-- internal refresh rate means the mepo refresh rate changer...so no need see first ^^
    MadVR: Windowed Overlay? -- broken
    MadVR: FSE Mode? -- no need if it works without
    MadVR: DX11? -- enabled by default
    MadVR: Seperate Device(s)? -- also broken somehow but dev. no need
    but as I said before, first look at whether the defaults run
    than may try with my scaling settings from a 1060 6g. i like it damn sharp ;)

Attachments

• settings.zip
      12.1 KB

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    hi guys. a lot to read after vacation, nice:)

@Sebastiiii just whooped the new version on latest insider with new nvidia hdr driver but didnt came far... only 2 videos to be exact^^
    with a running video playback when i open a new file the pc briefly freezes followed by a direct restart:p sadly reproducible
    It's the NVIDIA driver, it did the same to me. Going back to 388.71 has stabilised my system again. Hate it when this happens because you have to 'audition' each new driver update until it stops doing it.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    It's the NVIDIA driver, it did the same to me. Going back to 388.71 has stabilised my system again. Hate it when this happens because you have to 'audition' each new driver update until it stops doing it.
    Ok someone get me an axe. I closed this post, opened MP, started TV. Within 5 minutes madVR crash. Not a full reboot like from 390.XX but still strange after 2 days of stability. I long for a W10 patch because the FCU update seems to be where the pain started. A rebuild sans FCU is tempting right now.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I long for a W10 patch because the FCU update seems to be where the pain started. A rebuild sans FCU is tempting right now.
    Yes I have the same feeling, not sure where I am. Are the problems with the test versions (including 1.19pre), FCU(1709) or the latest AMD GPU drivers (lots of posts on the AMD drivers forum but that is always very volatile).:confused: I think I will drop back to 1.18 which is very stable on my HTPC (1703 still) and take it from there.
    @Sebastiii the Core_Joecrow did not include the FCU fix option, was that correct?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep it starting to drive me crazy and a lot of work @ work :(
    Not sure what happen and this fu.......g issue about the D3D null reference exception that happen randomly, i really need to reproduce it and also test on EVR to be sure it's not Windows / Drivers or what ever that lead to those issues !!!!

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    What do you want me to test Seb? I give you some options:
    • EVR on current MP build with latest NVIDIA
    • EVR on current MP build with previous NVIDIA
    • madVR on current MP with pre 1703 W10
    I've just cloned my existing setup ready to try an earlier W10, but I could also stay on the latest and see if we can get that stable. Happy to help. You've gone too far to give up now buddy :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:(y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom