Maya SkinMods (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxx Power

Portal Member
February 12, 2010
Sorry guys, haven't been checking the forums too often.... I will upload my newer 15 row guide when I get home this arvo...

Maxx Power

Portal Member
February 12, 2010
Not sure what happened to my last post with the 15 row guide but here it is again:

Attachments

• fonts.xml
    3 KB

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
January 21, 2010
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
Ok, now this is the right section for my files for MyAnime2 I made for zoom.

zoom: I changed some more stuff in the main page including some changes to backgrounds. Maybe you can tell me how you like it, again?

Attachments

• MyAnime2-Maya-Skin.zip
    2.3 MB

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Maya community mods

i don`t used this plugin but i can help a little bit you with this files.:)

zoom

Portal Member
    March 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hello again, I tried your new files (and deleted Cache too). Now the background seems to work and there is also a frame around the poster. The background picture is a bit dimmed and foreground text is clearly legible. Here are some photos:

Some possible errors I ran into:

1) On the third picture from the left (the large posters layout), I still can't see any frame or highlight around the currently selected poster. I don't know for sure if it's meant to be there, but I makes sense to me it should.

2) Fourth and fifth picture from the left: The list in the lower right corner seems bit funny. Maybe that is how it should look like. I don't know. To me it looks like its shifted a bit down or something. You decide.

And here is some random picture from playback, just to see how things look there:

So far, as I am concerned, the skin is perfectly functional for me. If you do not wish to continue improving it, I am perfectly fine with it, however if you do, I am more than happy to help with testing.

One more tiny request from me: I strongly dislike the highlight over the posters and episode thumbnails (I mean the white glare that's supposed to simulate a flat and shiny area). I think it interferes with the original picture. This is present in more skins. Now I don't ask you to remove it, but for my personal taste, what picture would I have to edit, to remove this? I didn't find any picture that would resemble that frame in the \Media\MyAnime folder.

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Try this file, it should fix the missing focus on the selected item in filmstrip view.
    That offset for the one line concerning the list is right as it is, since it is the background looking like that. If there was a backgrounf without that extra line I could use that one, but I don't have no program to edit pictures in that way.
    If you would like to edit it, it is the picture named "fanart_widelist_bg.png" in Maya/Media.

zoom

Portal Member
    March 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hello, I tried the modified file. Now the focus frame seems to be working programming-wise but there is a problem in graphics. Currently selected filmstrip is more visible (others are dimmed a bit) and there is something I would identify as a wanna-be highlight, but the frame is missing. Probably just a .png file missing somewhere.

I also took a look at the "fanart_widelist_bg.png" file, but it is very hard to edit. There is a drop shadow and that is hard to recreate so it isn't visible that it was edited. I tried several methods, even creating the whole drop shadow for the whole frame again, but the results were unsatisfactory. An original .psd file would be needed for best results.

But, I did find blackborders_*.png files in the Maya\Media diretory and that is where the highlight is. I just removed the highlight from the middle of the frame and all this is again one step closer to the perfection for me.

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, focus works, but that highlight that wasn't showing up correctly was my fault, put in the wrong png and didn't define it's dimensions. Now it should work all tight, I guess.

Unless you are not happy with it, I think it is allright as it is, isn't it? Only thing is that list background, but maybe you can talk to joostzilla since he is doing all the grphics for Maya.

zoom

Portal Member
    March 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hello, I am finally here after a couple of days (work 'n sleep). The focus window on the filmstrip is working now, it is just shifter to the left and top a bit:

It looks like it should be 15 pixels lower and 17 pixels to the right. I don't know these numbers exactly, I just counted the visible pixels on my TV :).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread