MCE Remote not working after reinstall (1 Viewer)

dazpp

Portal Pro
December 6, 2007
I just tried it myself and it worked with MP 1.16 PR and a keyboard. I don't have a MCE remote to test with, so I can't test that... but at least you can now be sure that the function hasn't gone anywhere. I don't think it would matter, but I'm using the DefaultWideHD skin. One tip that might help you diagnose whatever's going on on your system: for me, the numbers I enter appear next to the first time on the time axis (circled in red in the screenshot below) as I start to enter them:
View attachment 188542

That doesn't happen to me at all. It did i 1.15 and before that to.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry, I'm not sure what more I can say. It works here. I don't know why it doesn't work there.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Clean install I think... but the chances of this explaining the problem are almost zero. Most other people would have upgraded, and like I said earlier, we've had no reports of problems other than from yourself.

Looking at your log files again, the only thing I have to add is that I wonder whether the Keyboard Input plugin you have there could be causing trouble. There's only a slim chance, because it looks like it's completely broken anyway. For safety you could disable or remove it.

dazpp

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Clean install I think... but the chances of this explaining the problem are almost zero. Most other people would have upgraded, and like I said earlier, we've had no reports of problems other than from yourself.

Looking at your log files again, the only thing I have to add is that I wonder whether the Keyboard Input plugin you have there could be causing trouble. There's only a slim chance, because it looks like it's completely broken anyway. For safety you could disable or remove it.

I disabled HID keyboard and now all buttons double tap.

Just tell me if you want team viewer login and I'll pm you the details.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I disabled HID keyboard and now all buttons double tap.
    You mean if you press button 4, MediaPortal receives 44 (ie. two repeats of the button)?

Did you try disabling the Keyboard Input plugin?
    Note the Keyboard Input plugin is completely different to the HID input handler.

dazpp

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    You mean if you press button 4, MediaPortal receives 44 (ie. two repeats of the button)?
    If I press any button once it's shows on screen as 2 press. So 1 tap right and it goes 2 steps instead of 1 step.

Did you try disabling the Keyboard Input plugin?
    Note the Keyboard Input plugin is completely different to the HID input handler.

I still don't know which one you mean. I disabled HID keyboard if thats what you mean and the problem got worse than I had in the beginning.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If I press any button once it's shows on screen as 2 press. So 1 tap right and it goes 2 steps instead of 1 step.
    Okay. You've clearly got something really funky going on there. These sorts of things can be caused by anything from rogue input handling plugins (like the keyboard input plugin I mentioned), to external (third party) software, to too much [physical] interference (eg. light/heat) on the remote control's receiver, to remote control batteries going flat... and the list goes on.

I still don't know which one you mean. I disabled HID keyboard if thats what you mean...
    When I say enable/disable "HID input handler" I mean:
    1. Open MP Config.
    2. Navigate to the "remotes and input devices" section -> "HID" tab.
    3. Tick/untick the "enable HID" setting.
    When I say "keyboard input plugin" I mean:
    1. Open MP Config.
    2. Navigate to the "plugins" section -> "process plugins" group.
    3. Select "keyboard input plugin" and click enable/disable.
    As far as I'm concerned you should enable the HID input handler and disable the keyboard input plugin.

As for this HID keyboard you're referring to...
    I'm not 100% sure what you're referring to either.
    Do you mean:
    1. Open MP Config.
    3. Tick/untick the "use HID keyboard" setting.
    Please confirm.
    Note you should only enable that option with the full profile.
    In other words, if you disable HID keyboard (default), you should use the classic profile... and if you enable HID keyboard, you should use the full profile.

dazpp

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Okay. You've clearly got something really funky going on there. These sorts of things can be caused by anything from rogue input handling plugins (like the keyboard input plugin I mentioned), to external (third party) software, to too much [physical] interference (eg. light/heat) on the remote control's receiver, to remote control batteries going flat... and the list goes on.

When I say enable/disable "HID input handler" I mean:
    1. Open MP Config.
    3. Tick/untick the "enable HID" setting.
    When I say "keyboard input plugin" I mean:
    1. Open MP Config.
    2. Navigate to the "plugins" section -> "process plugins" group.
    3. Select "keyboard input plugin" and click enable/disable.
    As far as I'm concerned you should enable the HID input handler and disable the keyboard input plugin.

As for this HID keyboard you're referring to...
    I'm not 100% sure what you're referring to either.
    Do you mean:
    1. Open MP Config.
    3. Tick/untick the "use HID keyboard" setting.
    Please confirm.
    Note you should only enable that option with the full profile.
    In other words, if you disable HID keyboard (default), you should use the classic profile... and if you enable HID keyboard, you should use the full profile.

I did find the plugin you refered to and it's disabled and it didn't change anything.

As we both are awake at the same time you are welcome to look at my config through team viewer. But I can't PM you the info and I don't want to put them here in public.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom