mceir.dll commands (1 Viewer)

opusnut

Portal Pro
February 22, 2006
Hi, i would like to write a plugin to fire off IR commands through the MCEIR.dll driver. Does anyone know of the commands to call in that dll or wher i could find the source?

any help would be great

thanx..

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Do you mean like the blaster plugin but able to learn and control other things than a cable box? Sounds like an excellent idea and something I hope you have success with. I've been missing a feature like this for a while now ;-)

opusnut

Portal Pro
    February 22, 2006
    Ya.. MCEIR.dll is an altered version of the driver that comes packaged with MCE machines so that you can use programs like girder and HIP to blast commands... Right now i am using girder to catch RF remote commands and blast out the appropriate IR to my devices. Just think it would be nice to do it natively in MP..

opus

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

The only changes I see are: Updated Marcel Groothuis version of the plugin to now support Media Portal 2.5 I can't say anything about the functionality of this plugin, I don't use TV Part, but if there are any changes that can be simply transferred, then I can try. But I can't give any guarantees.
    The only changes I see are: Updated Marcel Groothuis version of the plugin to now support Media Portal 2.5 I can't say anything...
    I am a long-time user of MediaPortal to watch TV. I use the Media Portal TV Server as a backend, and Kodi (previously known as...
    Replies
    Views
    I'm sorry. I thought I had made it clear in the first post that I was referring to dedicated client machines.
    I'm sorry. I thought I had made it clear in the first post that I was referring to dedicated client machines.
    I was wondering whether anyone could recommend a specification for dedicated MP1 client machines where we get the best bang for...
    Replies
    Views
    Ran into this problem following an otherwise sucessful upgrade from MP 1.34 x64 to MP 1.35 x64 the CEC Remote plugin which I use just to control volume and standby, will no longer put my devices (TV & AVR) to sleep when the HTPC is put in standby. Also when I wake up the HTPC MP closes or crashes (not sure which) as per the example in...
    Ran into this problem following an otherwise sucessful upgrade from MP 1.34 x64 to MP 1.35 x64 the CEC Remote plugin which I use...
    Ran into this problem following an otherwise sucessful upgrade from MP 1.34 x64 to MP 1.35 x64 the CEC Remote plugin which I use...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Case Downsizing DE
    Most (all?) small PC cases accept only ITX motherboards, which have only one PCI-E slot. So you could install only one PCI-E tuner card. A quad-tuner card would give you four tuners, but if you wanted more tuners you would need to use the TBS eight-tuner card, or use external tuners, either USB tuners (available with single or dual...
    Most (all?) small PC cases accept only ITX motherboards, which have only one PCI-E slot. So you could install only one PCI-E tuner...
    I've been using MP2 now for about 3 years: I really happy with the way it works, although I can think of many great features I'd...
    Replies
    Views
    My knowledge of programming is limited, but the logic in this seems to confirm what I thought, thank you.
    My knowledge of programming is limited, but the logic in this seems to confirm what I thought, thank you.
    Good evening, Does anybody know the mouse position (Ypos coordinate) below which the topbar activates. I seem to remember there...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom